Close

Default Front end squeakin?

Whenever I turn I get squeaking, is this tie rod ends? also when I go over speedbumps I get squeakin, what do I need to buy guys? springs? tierod ends?
    thanks

FEP Member

Get someone to turn the wheel for you and use your hand to feel where the squeek is coming from.

Have you lubed anything lately? Lube all the zerk (grease) fittings.

My '92 squeeks like a mofo, I'm sure mine is coming from the control arm
    bushings. It does it when you rock the car up and down, as well as when
    you turn the wheel.
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesaysrelax
    Have you lubed anything lately? Lube all the zerk (grease) fittings.
    good idea, i havent since i bought the car just a couple months ago

Default squeak

Mine does the exact same thing. For me it was the poly bushings on the anti sway bar. I bought them years ago before the greasable ones were available. I took the bar off, regreased all the poly and put it back on. Problem gone. For a while. I need to get some greasable ones or just get used to it.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"