Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BIGBEARMUSTANG

Default Here it is ..New Member's Ride

Alright..I am posting a pic of my mustang. I have had many many many Four Eyed cars. I bought this 86 GT T-Top car from a friend that brought it back from Alberta Canada.

Now if you peeked at the pic I know what you are thinking. "THAT'S NOT AN 86!!"

Yes it is...I wanted a 2 eyed stang but this one came up and was in unbelievable condition. Original Paint, Original Motor, Original everything. Paint was still shiny on the underside of the floor.

The front bumper had been tapped and the cover was torn pretty bad. So I took the 87 front and back bumper covers and put them on this. I bought all new mouldings and window trim. Looking at it from the outside you could not tell it is an 86.

Anyway...Let me know what you all think..I hope you are not to hard on me for changing my baby.

86 GT

I removed all the ground effects and turned it into a nice clean 87 LX.

T-Bar Roof

86 5.0 bored 0.40 over
    Pistons are Keith Black Hyperutectics with lots of valve relief.

Comp Cam is Hyd Roller
    Duration: 282 290
    Duration @ 0.50 232 240
    Lift .565/.574
    Sep angle: 112

Valve spring:Comp Cams matching springs, locks and retainers

Heads: Factory with considerable porting

Headers: Headman Headers 1.5" primarys 3" collector. Hopefully the small primarys will make a little more torque. Haven't installed yet. Still have factory headers on it.

Intake: Victor Jr. 302

Carb: 4777 650 DP 30cc accel pumps

150hp Nitrous - not used a lot

Soon to be Mallory Ignition

Paint 3 Coats Base 4 Coats Clear

Saleen Wing

Wheels: 17" Borbet Polished
    Tires: 245/40ZR17 Front 275/40ZR17 Rear

BBK 1 3/4" Lowering Springs

To be honest..I sort of wished I had left it Four Eyed.

Cheers

Default Re: Here it is ..New Member's Ride

Every time I tried to write a "balanced" reply, it turned sour.

What you did is what everyone here has been fighting against.

How about swapping it back?

-Mike

BIGBEARMUSTANG

Yes I could..But I like it the way it is. I have thought about it, but getting paint to match and all that is a big head ache.

Why is everyone fighting? We all love Mustangs?

Wow Mike.. that was a quality reply...

Bring the car back to a four eyed.. or we will hunt you down!!!!

88 LX - Wide Body
    84 GT - Wide Body
    94 Ford F-350
    63 Ford Fairlane
    03 GT

my site --> www.franknstangs.com

BIGBEARMUSTANG

You'll have to catch me first!!!

Of course that could be very fun..

So, you kidnapped a mustang from my province then raped it? What exactly do they do to rapists down there, in any case I know it can't be good... On that note, it does look like a clean conversion, but the fact that it is an '86 GT converted to an 87+ LX does kind of bother me a bit, well.. alot. As for paint matching, as long as there was no pearl, or metallic in the paint, anybody who can mix paint should be able to do it easily, or I would question their credibility as a painter. My vote goes to changing it back, 86 GT's are one of the most saught after 4 eyes and that generalization doesn't even include the T-Top versions which are getting harder and harder to find. Bring it back to Alberta, I'll mix you some Sikkens Auto-base plus for that baby when you get the new (old) nose and everything back on
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBEARMUSTANG
    Yes I could..But I like it the way it is. I have thought about it, but getting paint to match and all that is a big head ache.

Why is everyone fighting? We all love Mustangs?
    Trying to hold back but...I just can't help it....doh...

Yes, we all love Mustangs (and Capris) but more importantly, WE love our FOUR EYED cars. If you want a pat on the back for your "flawless" "conversion" then feel free to crow about it on other boards where you will get some brainless "nice car" replies.

We see endless numbers of "converted" cars. 4 eyed Mustangs, converted to aeronose Mustangs, 4 eyed Capris converted to 4 eyed Mustangs, 4 eyed Capris converted to aeronose Mustangs....and recently a poor SVO converted to a Capri. The posts rediculing and poking fun at said cars and their owners litter the board from top to bottom. It causes great pain to see the breeds muddied and bastardized.

-Mike

86 GT T-Top
    12.69 @ 111mph

Bigbearmustang,

Your car looks sweet. Defiently some pride & joy in that baby. Nice list of mods too.

Sure, I wish she could have stayed a 4-eye but you did what you had to do. Bottom line is the car as a whole still exists and -could- be converted back if it was so desired.

C'mon, it looks pretty bad-o now, you can't tell me that it wouldn't look utterly sinster with an 85/86 front fascia?

Yes, areo-nose conversions are a pet peeve around here but I think we've handled it pretty diplomatically. Its something you hate to see but its such a nice car, ugh the tearing of emotions, it killing me!
    -Mike Malone
    69 Mach1, 81 LX, 83 GT Turbo, 85.5 SVO 9L, 86 SVO 2A, 86 GT, 90 LX 5.0 - and a badass 84 LTD Wagon

Default Re: Here it is ..New Member's Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBEARMUSTANG
    I bought this 86 GT T-Top car from a friend that brought it back from Alberta Canada.

Now if you peeked at the pic I know what you are thinking. "THAT'S NOT AN 86!!"

but this one came up and was in unbelievable condition. Original Paint, Original Motor, Original everything. Paint was still shiny on the underside of the floor.
    2000 V6 - Sold
    '84 GT - Sold
    '83 5.0 Vert GLX - Topless Project Car
    '65 289 - Dad's Toy

i'm with him ^

nice looking ride, shame about that aero nose. i have just one question, why would you join a site that is all about preserving and restoring four eye mustangs to show off your aero nose conversion?

J.
    83 GT 5sp

I think maybe because he thinks that some of us, no matter how much we disapprove of the swap, would have the civility to give him credit on the (although slightly butchered) other wise ver nice stang. And maybe because of the good tech help, and great people ect. Give the guy a break, he loves stangs just as much as the next guy from the sounds of it and went through lots of trouble to get this car looking how it does, now, this is something I would not do to my car, but to each his own.
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

as the others said earlier, we are a site dedicated to PRESERVING our beloved mustangs. what you shown us is like stabbing a dagger into our hearts. you have one of two options, convert it back so you can be accpeted into our site, or silently leave, not to return.

the choice is yours
    1985 Ford LTD LX. 4 eyes, 4 doors-cobra powered
    2006 Ford F-150 Ashley/Smith special edition--the "daily driver"
    1986 ford mustang SVO--a man can always dream right?

Don't get me wrong, yes it looks nice and looks like it was well done, but the fact of it starting as an "unbelievable" condition 86 GT T-top....
    2000 V6 - Sold
    '84 GT - Sold
    '83 5.0 Vert GLX - Topless Project Car
    '65 289 - Dad's Toy

Quote Originally Posted by moelll
    or silently leave, not to return.
    Well, I don't know if I would go THAT far. If he sticks around, he may eventually want to fit in and put the correct nose back on.

-Mike

FEP Power Member

Another new guy pushed off the board....

And within one post, too!

FEP Member

its a ****ing car guys.
    you are all acting like ***** faced ******s. you people make it sound like he raped your sisters.
    its a ****ing mustang

car looks good man, ignore the other morons
    1994 cobra- sold!
    1986 GT- still have!

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by cobraman1994
    you people make it sound like he raped your sisters.
    That *******... I knew that car looked familiar...

*bad attempt to add humor*

BIGBEARMUSTANG

Hey Guys..

First I wasn't trying to flaunt or show off. I simply wanted to show you guys my car and list my mods.

Thanks to the guys that realized how hard I worked at putting this car together. Thanks for the compliments.

To the guys that are pissed and not happy..I understand where you are coming from. I really do.

I have all the parts that came off of the car. front clip, rear clip, mouldings and everything. Fuel Injection Parts, EVERYTHING!! Because I believe like you guys that these cars are very nice Four Eyed. And I always Knew I would put it back someday.

I just loved the Aero mustangs as well. So I wanted one but I had this 86.

Anyway...The car will stay the way it is for now. Eventually it will be put back to four eyed.

Look at it this way..Being owned by me has kept it off of Nova Scotia Winter Roads, Kept in a heated Garage, waxed, polished, and worshiped for 5 years now.

It could be a pile of rust by now if it had gone to the wrong person.

I am here at this board because, even though it doesn't have four eyes..it is a four eyed car. You guys seem like good people and the board is a well put together board.

I wish there were some changes to the selling/wanted rules...but that is not my call so I will live with that...

Cheers

i didn't intend any offense. I was just a little suprised to see a conversion posted on a forum titled FourEyedPride.

BigBear your car is VERY VERY slick. Personally i much prefer the 4eyed front and i think most people here will also, but nontheless the car is still on the road and your conversion was done with style. The end result is very slick. I hope you don't think i was just trying to be an azz. I really was just curious about what sort of response you were expecting.
    83 GT 5sp

I like it ....Don't sweat it man...It's your car so do whatever you want to it...As long as you like it it's all good...

86 GT T-Top
    12.69 @ 111mph

BIGBEARMUSTANG

Thanks Guys..I just love Fox bodied Mustangs!!!

saephyus_misawa

see he will eventually change it back i bet if he had help he might just do it sooner good find and thank god anouther one out of the rusty north

FEP Member

id rather see a converted 4 eye then what i usaaually see (rusted and sitting in a yard)
    1994 cobra- sold!
    1986 GT- still have!

Evan

hey now give the guy a break.

areo stangs and four eyes all are great lookin cars. he wanted a aero and used what he had to make it happen

just so yo uall know theres an aero nose sitn on the ground in the front of my eyes as you speak.

keep actn like babies and you might just waste another foureyed car. you talked me out of it awhile ago. not keep me from doing it by acting like adults.

alittle joking there even though it may not soumd like it. just chill the beeeeeeep out and well all get along four eyed or not.

i will say that i registerd on i think 3 or 4 mustang sites when i got my car. this is now the only one i visit its the only one that seems worthwhile.\

thanks
    Evan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast