Close

Blog Entries

Default FEP.com Review - GMP's 85 GT Twister II Model

I'm in the process of updating the main page, but here's the link to the write-up: http://www.foureyedpride.com/article...r/twister.html

Yes, I did take the model out and compare the color to my 85 GT You'd have done the same.

I've been meaning to hunt down all the other FourEyed models they've put out over the years, but have only the black 85 GT they did.

And, yes, I've got to send the little guy back. BUT, it was a fantastic experience getting to see a pre-production model and learn a little about the die-cast model car world.

I'd also like to remind you all that the better models like these sell, the more likely we are to get other models of our beloved early Fox cars. These places have got to make money on items such as this in order to continue making new products.

I'm thrilled to see cars of our vintage becoming more popular.

Enough of my rambling...back to updating the site...

Enjoy!

Wow the detail is outstanding, I think I would have to buy one if they made a pacecar.
    1979 Mustang Indy 500 Pace Car
    Modified Mustangs Aug, 2006 Feature Car

2016 Shelby GT350

2015 F150 2.7 Ecoboost

FEP Senior Member

Those Modles are BADASS! The TwisterII that was in my driveway found a new home. I just looked on the website. The white Twister II has the 3rd brake light on the spoiler. Are they aware of this mistake.
    1986GT C9 351W. T-3550
    Inner & Outer subs
    Griggs GR40 Suspension
    Panhard bar & Torque arm. Tub Kmember and A-arms.

1982GT w/rear wiper

http://home.comcast.net/~mike82gt/82...d/MVC-558S.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike82gt/MVC-001F.JPG

FEP Senior Member

No security blanket? No folding down the back seat?
    1986GT C9 351W. T-3550
    Inner & Outer subs
    Griggs GR40 Suspension

1982GT w/rear wiper

Blog Entries

The pics are of pre-production cars, there will be some changes, including the deletion of the 3rd brake light before production.

The samples look nice, I hope they fix all the problems with the black '85 like wrong exhaust, wrong valve covers, etc.
    '86 GT- "EFI 4EYE" - modded, fun daily
    '85 LX- "4BL 4EYE" - stock and staying that way

I know I am a foureye freak,.... but this is bad asche!!

88 LX - Wide Body
    84 GT - Wide Body
    94 Ford F-350
    63 Ford Fairlane
    03 GT

my site --> www.franknstangs.com

Needs more detail, like holes on the dash and rotten outer dew wipes
    84 LX Convertible
    1965 289 C.I.(go boom!!, 302 roller on the way)
    C-4 tranny

Default GMP

Hey guys,

Thanks again "evlgt85" for putting up the review. I hope you guys will enjoy the Mustang stuff we are putting together. All the Mustang projects have been given to me since I started 6 months ago. I am a designer/product development guy at GMP. I'm also a fellow 4-eye Mustanger and I think most of you have seen my Dark Blue 85 Notch...with the white hood and bullitts.
    I've been dying for you guys to see the Twisters that are soon to arrive. I know there were a couple mistakes on the earlier Black 85 GT and I tried to fix as many if not all that I could. I was able to fix the decoration for a few things though. Unfortunately we had to keep the budget to a repaint so tooling new revised parts was out of the question. I really wanted to bring another 85 GT out because there was an opportunity to do it plus I think it'd be something the 4-eyed collectors would want and with there only being 500 of each color it's possibly one of the rarest fox body mustang collectibles ever.
    I am definitely a detail oriented guy, and too anal about it sometimes and I do try to make sure that I do my part to make the best, coolest and most accurate model i can for GMP. I wished I had been there in the beginning with the fox body stuff that's out now. But stay tuned, there's plenty of fox-body mustang stuff coming. It's also not the end for 4 eyed mustang stuff. But for us to do more, these have to sell and i think they will. A run of 500 of anything is very rare for any scale model in diecast. Stay tuned for another 4 eye to be coming otu very soon after the Twisters...lets just say I had to dig up pics of my 85 Notch from when it was stock...and take pics of the still stock interior for reference!
    As far as the diecast Drag Mustang, I'd actually been researching that for GMP months before I started there...for free...because I wanted to see it get made - a nice drag mustang. I'd like to see even more mods done to it like a high performance intake or a supercharged setup. How about a 4-eyed drag car?!!!!
    Feel free to email GMP with comments or suggestions! We're definitely listening especially when it comes to the fox-body stangs!

John

john@gmpdiecast.com
    John McBride

Midnite Octane - "Fuel Your Imagination!"
    www.midniteoctane.com

Default Red Drag Stang

By the way, the pic of that mustang is also an early production sample. I just received the revised paint color friday and it looks 10 tens better than the red on that version, it's deeper, and the Kandy Apple Red looks HOT!!! When I walk outside with the car and see that paint glisten in the sun I go nuts! It looks exactly like House of Kolors Paint!

John
    John McBride

www.midniteoctane.com

FEP Senior Member

That is awsome you are involved in this process. Do you know if any of the Twister II Models will come with T-Tops? I know there were hardtops. All of the Jalapena red Twister II's I have seen in person which have been 4. All 4 had T-tops. Nobody knows how many hardtops were made vs t-tops.
    1986GT C9 351W. T-3550
    Inner & Outer subs
    Griggs GR40 Suspension

1982GT w/rear wiper

Johnny, it's awesome that a real Mustang guy is now leading the development of these for GMP. I am a huge stickler for detail when it comes to cars I have actually owned, and I was pretty disappointed with a few things on the black GMP '85 GT I have. BUT I think it's awesome that they are staying with the fox body cars and that you're helping make them more accurate. One request: A 1986 GT! It would be SUPER easy to do, you already have the '85 GT, just put the '87 LX engine in it and add the third brake light and it's done. That '85 is already more of an '86 with the true dual exhaust and EFI valve covers. So how about it? Medium Canyon Red or Charcoal Gray? Yess

You know when I was a designer at Franklin Mint working on the diecast programs and going on photoshoots there it was fun. I remember the annual car show TFM would put on and the collectors could meet and talk one on one with the diecast guys. They would complain about the littlest stuff and sometimes I'd think "...look at this geek, get a life" while I smiled and listened. THEN, I saw the black 1985 Mustang GT from GMP at a hobby shop. I bought it, got it home, opened the hood and was like..HEY! what happened?! Where's the cool finned valve covers? That air cleaner decal is wrong, HEY! Then I thought to myself...now I"M THE MODEL GEEK!!! LOL! Anyways, I still do like my black 85 GT model a lot and still have it in my cabinet with my other cars.
    I did my best to make as many corrections as I could without retooling new parts. I was given the go ahead to do a few repaints off our existing tooling. One of which is the 85 Twister II.
    As far as another GT, this will probably be the last 85-86 GT produced. We are actually doing the next project Mustang project soon which I know a ton of you guys will die for which will be an LX. For that to happen the only way we can do this is to modify the tool to remove the fog light recesses since that is cheaper than tooling a whole new bumper and the previous product development guy that was here wasn't smart enough to think ahead and tool both a GT and LX bumper. I am hoping to convince the group here that we just tool up a new LX bumper so that we can produce more 85-86 GTs.

So if you want an 86 GT bad, you might wanna pick up a Twsiter and for the front nose part and make one out of one of our esisting fuelie cars. There's always a chance for an 86 Mustang LX Hatch?
    John McBride

www.midniteoctane.com

FEP Power Member

Can you make one with the interior of an 84 with an aero nose?

Nice work on these cars...

Need a 4eye drag car with a 2 1/2 cowl....

Is there or does anyone make a cobra r rim that would work on one of these diecast. I'd love to have an 86gt with cobra r's that I can paint like mine.
    Member of SWVRSCCA.ORG
    C-PREPARED

So what are all the body differences between an 85 Twister II and an 85 GT.
    84 SVO, 79 Pace car (fuel injected and IRS), 99 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by MJ86GT
    Is there or does anyone make a cobra r rim that would work on one of these diecast. I'd love to have an 86gt with cobra r's that I can paint like mine.
    No, there isn't a 95 Cobra R rim in 1/18 scale, but there are two different companies that make 2000 Cobra Rs, Maisto and Auto Art

FEP Senior Member

The only differance is the stripe kit on the car.
    1986GT C9 351W. T-3550
    Inner & Outer subs
    Griggs GR40 Suspension

1982GT w/rear wiper

Default wow!

That's in real nice shape. I'd love to see that in person. Nice looking Twister II!
    John McBride

www.midniteoctane.com

Matt

Awsome job! Just having the modles available is pretty sweet imo. Cant wait to see whats next.