Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

I'm guessing that I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 340 horsepower at the wheels. I think that at the flywheel it would be close to 400? I haven't had it to the dyno yet, but it's on my "to do" list this winter.
    Hissing, not to bust your bubble .. but 340 to the wheels, regardless of your ET, would result in a trap speed of at least 115. Also, with 340rwhp, you should be shooting for EASY 11's given your vehicle weight ...

However, given your clutch issues, it may always be possible ...

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

Hey, you're not bursting my bubble. My brother's car ran a best of 12.53 @ 109 with his 290 hp. Him and I are estimating that with the larger heads, more compression and the next largest camshaft, we'll probably be in that neighborhood. That's why I was "guessing." It'll be going to the dyno this winter and we'll find out for sure what it's putting to the ground.
    Other than those three changes, our entire drivetrains are the same.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Coupester
    I'm guessing that I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 340 horsepower at the wheels. I think that at the flywheel it would be close to 400? I haven't had it to the dyno yet, but it's on my "to do" list this winter.
    Hissing, not to bust your bubble .. but 340 to the wheels, regardless of your ET, would result in a trap speed of at least 115. Also, with 340rwhp, you should be shooting for EASY 11's given your vehicle weight ...

However, given your clutch issues, it may always be possible ...
    Yup, I gotta agree from my experience. My car should dyno around 330-370, and I went 11.93 at 115,

Quote Originally Posted by eric5oh
    Hey Hissing, what kinda HP are you making? I think your setup is hotter than mine and I'm in the 12's. Believe me, I'm no pro either. I've only g-tech'd it though. I'm afraid of getting laughed at if I take it up to RT 66 to get a few runs in.
    lol, I dont want to be a butthead here, but you'll only get laughed at if you tell someone you are "in the 12's" and then follow it up with "on my g-tech". Just go to the track and start hammering gears!

Hissing, if the firewall adjustment doesnt work, take a look at where the clutch cable is routed, if its too near a header it might be heating up and stretching out/getting ready to break.

Dont be afraid of running slow times! How else are you going to get practice!!
    No more 4eyes

Some crappy 90 HCI coupe for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12