Close

Default Seatbelt help 85

Well I bought my new mustang and the seatbelt on the drivers side was fully extended and would not retract. I took it appart and the cable that was attached to the retractor and car body and it was at the bottom of the mechanism broke. What can I do??
    thanks

FEP Senior Member

I know I'm not very observant at times... So, Did you buy another 85 GT T-Tops?

Sorry can't help ya with your seat belt question...
    Old Heavyweight Large Body Platform, two Muscle powered feet, that get traction from a set of size 12 generic shoes. Needs alot of bodywork, and hard to start in the morning... Used to be alot faster, but now does the 1/4 in 330sec at 2.7 mph.

The seat belt retractor is non serviceable you will need a new unit.

Sorry to hear of your loss with the stolen car.
    "At the sign of the Cat..."

My Capri is for sale. $3250 with all the parts I have for it. Consider trade for Kaw 750 Vulcan

ive been meaning to figure how to swap the webbing material onto a new housing, but as he said, pretty much you need a new belt.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

i ended up just putting it back in and for some reason it works, i hope though that it tightens if im hit lol