Close

Default Weight of an 85 ttop

What do you guys think an 85 ttops weighs?

Need more information thant just the year, model, and one option.

My '83 GT weighs just under 3000 lbs. And that's with no factory options other than the T-roof and an AM-FM stereo, and with full-length headers, dual exhaust, and 16" tires and "Pony" wheels.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I have no a/c, original 10 hole rims, and here is all the other info http://ahgrafx.com/the_gt_project/

Banned

85 t-top guy ... for most of your technical questions, you should use the SEARCH function over at www.corral.net/forums ... it will save you A LOT of time!

Quote Originally Posted by Coupester
    85 t-top guy ... for most of your technical questions, you should use the SEARCH function over at www.corral.net/forums ... it will save you A LOT of time!
    why do you say that, does fep not have the selection corral does?

Banned

No, it doesn't. It doesn't have the thousands of members that Corral has ... not to say it's not a great site, but it's not the best source for real tech.

We still help with what we can.
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Banned

We still help with what we can.
    It's definitely the better site for quirky 4-eyed specific things like interior, etc. But for engine building, there is just an incredible wealth of information on file over at corral and it'd be silly not to tap into it ...

Yeah for sure, corral has tons of info. But we need to build up our info archives anyways
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Just scaled my 86gt/sunroof and it weighed 3150lbs. No back seat, full cage, panhard bar, cobra r's, 99 gt brakes, subs and strut tower. No ac or emissions.

lh front 888 lbs rh front 915 lbs
    lh rear 665 lbs rh rear 682 lbs
    front 57.3% rear 42.7%
    left 49.3% right 50.7%
    lf/rr cross 49.7%

This is without driver and 1/4 tank fuel. Battery is relocated to rr in stainless box.

When I drag raced my old 85gt sunroof car it weighed 3119 lbs I believe. Basically same mods except stock ac box was still on, 15" wheels, no panhard or strut brace.
    Member of SWVRSCCA.ORG
    C-PREPARED

MY 83 WEIGHS 3337 WITH 1/2 TANK

I think I'll stick with the fep crew, I've invested too much time and have gotten tons of help here to go to another board.