Close

Default 83 t-top numbers

83 t-top numbers are 1fab28f4df128727 car is gray 5 speed 5.0 fully loaded 60,000 miles in storage for 10 years is this rare? also ground efects are put on with screws through the out side and look like some one just screwed them on is this normal?

1fab28f4df128727

1fa = Ford
    b = Active Belts
    28 = 3-Door Hatch
    F = 5.0V8 4v
    4=check digit
    D=1983
    F = Dearborn
    128727 = Consecutive unit number

I beleive 1983 didn't have ground effects...except for the front air dam and air dam extensions (maybe not). No screws should be showing.

-Mike

FEP Senior Member

From www.mustanggt.org

Total Mustangs produced: 120,873
    Total GT’s produced: 27,649
    GT Hatchbacks: 26,656
    GT Convertibles: 1001
    Turbo GT's: 604

As far as the ground effects go, the following is how it should look originally:

Mine is an 84 but in this case they are exactly the same. (only difference visually between 83-84 is the deletion of the hood scoop on 5.0 cars)

I haven't seen any breakdowns by t-top but they may exist. Check out the GT registry site. Tons of great info and register your car!
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

Actually they look lke this w/o an airdam
    84 Turbo GT w/ T-Tops!!! Nota 50 just a 2.3 with a vacuum leak, dual exhaust and a sack hanging out the back so everyone can see my car has balls!

FEP Senior Member

My bad! I forgot they didn't have fog lights until 84 1/2 and they had the 3 pc. spoiler on the back.

Nice looking car!!!!!
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

Nobody (yet) knows how many Mustangs and Capri w/ the T-roof were produced.

http://www.mustangttop.com <<< 1977-1988 Mustang and Capri T-Top registry.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

my car has front air dam side ground effects rear bumper cover and asvo rear spoiler a hood with about a3/4" cowl thats black down the middle?is this stock ? and i have those ugly lovered tail lights

Quote Originally Posted by POWERS83T-TOP GT
    my car has front air dam side ground effects rear bumper cover and asvo rear spoiler a hood with about a3/4" cowl thats black down the middle?is this stock ? and i have those ugly lovered tail lights
    Uhhhh...no.

Post some pics and we can all kabitz about it.

-Mike

i put apic in my person album but idont know how to move it

Definitely an aftermarket ground effects kit. Not sure on the hood. It almost looks to have a scoop on it. Is it a scoop or cowl hood?

-Mike

cowl and i just put a better pic in album how did you move it?

it is definetly a 4 (check digit from first post)

I didn't move it. I just used the [img] tags when posting it. Look at the buttons below the subject when you post.

Well, its a cowl hood with a fairly rare reverse scoop then (I think the scoop would be correct for 1983 on a normal hood...not 100% sure). Everything else, svo wing, ground effects, cowl hood, taillights, etc are definitely added on by a previous owner.

-Mike

c da screws
    Yeah.

Top notch.

-Mike

FEP Super Member

The fog lights seem to be positioned in the same spot as a Pacecar/Cobra/82 GT.

Is their a mounting bar for the foglights under that bumper cover???

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

I never looked as to what the lights are screwed to if they are suposed to be there I will just rewire them they are wired with 14 ga. solid what is the air damn

This is an '83 we're talking about so that scoop is original and not that rare (All '83 GTs got 'em as well as all '84 GT Turbos). Also, that looks like the factory hood as they have about a ½" rise in the center (just the same as a "cowl induction" hood would have) just like that one has.

what about the air damn on da bumper

That's been added on, just like Mike said.

so it's after market and not copy of like a84 or something?

so it's after market and not copy of like a84 or something?
    Right.

-Mike

you like it? i do but is cracked and put on with screws

you like it? i do but is cracked and put on with screws
    I like most ground effect kits. It think it would look good if it was fixed up and installed correctly. I would pull it off, fix the cracks and breaks...sand it down and then install it correctly. With my asc air dam they used a "finishing strip". You rivet it on to the car along with the air dam and then insert a plastic cover to hide all the screws.

Even if you use nice round topped rivets and paint them over well, they should look a WHOLE lot better than whats on there now.

I don't know how those things normally go on...maybe with adhesive? Most of the time you don't see the rivets.

-Mike

THAT IS A 4 IN THE VIN ALSO HAD THE SAME PROBLEM GETTING THE TITLE TRANSFERED THE STATE SAID NO SUCH CAR HAD TO SEND IT IN 3 TIMES I FOUND THE BUILD SHEET UNDER THE SPARE AND IT HAS A 4 ON IT