Close

Lookn4theend

Default lock cylinder removal. help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know how to take it off and all. it says to get it into run position. i cant. my key will not go in. i tried getting a flathead to turn and everything . i jsut wanna rip this thing out. i got my new one ready to go in. i can get this out. my key wont turn it at all. i tried everything. anyone have an idea?????????

this is purely off the top of my head, so I'm not sure if this is even possible, but maybe you could remove the electrical ignition switch, and then pull the lever from the keyed ignition switch into the run position????
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

When a key is lost in an ignition switch(and its too jacked up even for a locksmith) then I usually use a drill. Go right down the key slot with progressively bigger drill bits until the all the brass tumblers come out. I think there are five of them. when they are out you'll be able to turn the cyliner all day long.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Lookn4theend

well 2 screwdrivers and 4 hours later it came out in 4 pieces. broke it out lil by lil with a flathead and hammer like a chizzel. new one is in now and car runs perfect. thnx for the help guys