Close

Default Removing stock radio

Anyone know any tricks to get the stock radio out of an 85 GT without destroying anything in the process?
    1994 GT

You have to loosen up the entire dash....then you may be able to slide it out with some effort.

-Mike

V6DR

i think there is a tsb about the procedure to remove the radio in 84 and later cars. ill check it out.

V6DR

i have uploaded the tsb here:
    http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/v6d...0e.jpg&.src=ph
    it is for 84-85 mustang/capri with ac.

Just make sure that when you start to take it out you set aside plenty of time so that your not rushed to finish. When I replaced mine it took lots of wiggling and moving the factory deck into untold number of positions before it would come out. Cussing profusely also seemed to help, or at least it made me feel better.
    Brett
    ------
    85 Capri GS 5.0, 5 speed, T-top 147,000 miles.
    Offroad H-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

My WebShots Gallery!

Thank you V6DR!

I know how you feel 85CapriGS, we had a hell of a time in our 84, which is why I asked it there was an easier way.

I don't think the heater core is hooked up correctly so it looks like the dash has to come out anyway, figures.
    1994 GT

LqDFx

Anyone known of anyone in need of the factory wireharness adapters for the radio and speakers? I have some that I got from Crutchfield and they are the wrongs ones and they will not exchange them! They are for the 86 Mustang w/o premium sound.