Close

Default Curious about my stangs options?

Why does my 85gt have power windows but not power door locks? I see locks for sale alot on ebay but mine are manual. What gives?
    Joe E.

Just an option. They were separate options back then. Its only been recently that power windows and locks go hand in hand.

(Almost) All ascMcLAren coupes were built with only power windows.

Makes finding the right door panel a PAIN.

This may nod be too readable but here is the option list from the 1985 Mustang brochure broken out:

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Liter...rochure_23.jpg

-Mike

OK thanks. I just thought it was alittle strange. Can power locks be added to non power doors? Id like to ave them. I see lock actuators on ebay alot. Thanks
    Joe E.

Yeah, the door panels have the perforations for them....you need the switches bezels and the actuators. You will probably have to splice into the power window harness for power.

There may be some other brackets and doodads required to mount the new parts, I'm not sure. I don't know if the same lock rods are used in the doors.

Best bet would be to locate these parts from the junkyard. Probably alot of different Ford cars used the exact same setup. (Fairmont, Zephyr, Mustang, Capri).

-Mike

You can get the power door lock switches from Autozone. And mine came in the correct chrome. I don't know if they have the black ones though.
    Brett
    ------
    85 Capri GS 5.0, 5 speed, T-top 147,000 miles.
    Offroad H-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

My WebShots Gallery!

OK thanks guys. I think my clutch is going out. Ticking when pedal is pushed in. Only until is warms up tho?!? But Its looks like I might be doing clutches instead. Thanks
    any comments on king cobras?
    Joe E.