Close

Default Check out my new GPIV with a blown T-5!

Just got back from a long road trip out to Texas to pick up my new project. This car has been a diiscussion topic on here for some time, so I thought I'd share... I couldn't wait to start ripping into it today as soon as I got home. I pulled in to my house around noon after a week on the road, and by 1 I was zapping the impact wrench. Well the T-5 is defintely blown! Check out the pics! Can you say ouch! There's a nice whole in the case so I guess I'll be looking through the JYs for a donor T-5... But, this is nothing I didn't expect... Thanks for a great project car, Steve. The T-5 is just the first project in a long list of projects to come!

The handshake

Arriving in CA

This is what a T-5 looks like after a MOAB!
    ~Scott

~1979 RS, 396 Stroker Windsor, Tremec, 3.55 8.8, big brakes, 6-point cage. Way too much to list!
    ~1985 GPIV, under restoration...
    ~1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco w/ minor mods.
    ~2006 Yamaha R1. Stock, and the fastest vehicle in my garage!

harebare

good luck with the project and keep us posted!

FEP Super Member

Sounds like fun. I actually enjoy the road trips when you come home with something cool.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

Nice pic of the trans. lol. Looks like the counter shaft came loose/broke or a countershaft bearing went bad and caused the countershaft to hit the case.