Close

Default After I put the dash back in..... Where's the power?

Okay so I put the dash back in hooked up every connector in sight hooked and when I go to turn the key what do I get? Nothing! LOL It's very frustrating, I've checked everything about 100 times now, and I cant seem to find whats wrong with it..Does anyone have any suggestions as to why there would be no power whatsoever? I have tryed different batteries and such, check wiring, but nothing seems to help...Should I just give up and get a new wiring harness?
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

all I can think of is....

GROUNDS

GROUNDS

GROUNDS

l
    It puts the ATF in the T5... IT DOES AS IT'S TOLD!!!!!

Grounds are all there
    Calon

What project were you doing that you had the entire dash out? ~ Capri

goose

Fuses and grounds. After that, hmm. I know when I pulled my dash, I hoped that it would all work when it went back in. I really crossed my fingers for that.

Anonymous

It sounds like it is time to get the test light or multi-meter out and start testing every ignition connection on both sides of every connector block and every ground, the solenoid, and all the fusable links. Make sure the ignition switch is hot too! Get a wiring diagram FIRST! I chased electrical gremlins in my '69 XR-7 for 6 months. I got a wiring diagram from the local library for the cost of the photocopy and figured out it was the printed circuit board on the back of the gauge cluster that was bad. That was a charging system problem though, the point is you need to be able to see the logic. Good luck!

-Sean

Thanks guys! I guess it's time to bust out the multimeter..
    85_Capri_4v, I was planning on swapping the Dash from red to charcoal, but when I went to the yards where I had found two of them, the cars were both gone So I had the dash half out already, so I decided to remove and paint it Black instead
    Calon

Yeah, I was about to ask if you checked for 12v on that big yellow wire....or any of the yellow wires coming from the steering column.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Do you have lights ? (headlights) Does it just not crank ? If it just wont crank..think neutral safety switches . I think your better off finding the source of the problem then just swapping harness' because depending on whats wrong...you could go to all the trouble to install a new harness just to fry the same circuit or perhaps still have the problem. I have diagrams PM me if I can help.

Yeah, it's not just no crank, it's nothing at all, no lights or anything I've checked all the wires and stuff and everything seems to be in order, maybe I missed a wire or a wire broke somewhere along the lines.
    Calon