Close

goose

Default Skye! What suspension setup are you running here...

Skye,
    was looking at the pics in your album of the '85 GT, and wondering what you've used to achieve that stance. My '84 has an unnatural 'ghetto cruiser' stance, meaning that the front end is higher than the rear. A previous owner's doing, to be sure.

I've yet to work on the suspension yet, but when I do, I would like to get some mild lowering springs and of course new shocks/struts - and the goal is a stance like your '85's.

Just curious, thanks

-gus

Mike Croke

Car is all stock in the rear with just Koni shocks. Front is D&D k-member, arms, and coil overs. The coil overs are dialed down about as low as they will go.

Travis T

My 84 was the same way, nose in the air, some of them just are. Look in my personal album for a picture of it now, it's only had Motorsports C springs added.

goose

thanks for the info Mike.

I've actually seen several of this-era cars doing this. It needs a hunched-down look. I was thinking of FRPP lowering springs and throwing in a set of new shocks/strust.

Mine was the same. Looked like a 4-wheel drive Mustang.

I used "C" springs as well along with Factory Five arms in the rear and FMS arms up front with 87-93 spindles. Tokico Illuminas along with a lot of other stuff makes it the best riding Mustang I have ever been in.

Some folks are not fond of the rake that the "C" springs give. A cut of ~1/4 coil on the rears sometimes help.

With the vert, I am running Eibachs and Tokicos. It has about the same stance.

The GT runs 245/50 on 16x7 rims while the vert runs 245/50 on 16x7.5 rims. I like the latter better.
    85 GT convertible