Close

Default Exterior trim for 85 and 86

Is all exterior trim on 85 and 86 GT's supposed to be the same color? Not sure if different trim colors were used for wiper arms, door trim, door locks, etc. I plan on using SEM 39153 (Charcoal) for exterior trim (unless there is something better, if so please let me know). Just wanting to know if the sail panels and the door window trim in that area is all the same color or if some pieces are more "black".

Thanks
    85 GT
    302 H.O. 5 Speed
    All Stock, 42,000 miles

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...hlight=marhyde

Supposedly Marhyde makes an exterior paint that matches.

I don't know what the SEM color should be.

-Mike

Default Re: Exterior trim for 85 and 86

Quote Originally Posted by 85BLKGT
    Is all exterior trim on 85 and 86 GT's supposed to be the same color? Not sure if different trim colors were used for wiper arms, door trim, door locks, etc. I plan on using SEM 39153 (Charcoal) for exterior trim (unless there is something better, if so please let me know). Just wanting to know if the sail panels and the door window trim in that area is all the same color or if some pieces are more "black".

Thanks
    Everything is dark charcoal except the locks. (all mouldings, sail panels, cowl, etc are dark charcoal)

Some people have black door handles but most seem to be charcoal.

-Mike

Default Re: Exterior trim for 85 and 86

Quote Originally Posted by negusm

Everything is dark charcoal except the locks. (all mouldings, sail panels, cowl, etc are dark charcoal)

Some people have black door handles but most seem to be charcoal.

-Mike
    I have seen that too!
    I wonder if the black door handles were replacements of broken handles over the years. After 87 they were all black..... and plastic.. You'd figure they'd stay with the metal ones.

Thanks all! I was pretty sure but wanted to double check before applying paint. I will post some pix when this project is complete.
    85 GT
    302 H.O. 5 Speed
    All Stock, 42,000 miles

FEP Senior Member

hmmm... must be a Ford thing with the black door handles. I assure you
    mine are original and are black.
    --John

One Owner '86 GT - Exhaust, Gears, Basics, otherwise stock.
    NOS - It's an abbrevation, not a word.