Close

Thread: vacume hook-ups

Lookn4theend

Default vacume hook-ups

i jsut bought a 85 5.0 i was wondering if someone could help me out with the vacume hookups, like what needs to be hooked up or what can be taken off and corked, car is for track purposes. person i bought it from disconnected a few vacume hoses and corked. car runs fine but id like to know what thye are and stuff. i diagram would help alot. its a 5.0 HO 4v. i will take a close up pic of the carb to show u guys tomarrow what is conected and what isnt. thnx guys

toofast

you dont need any vaccume hoses at all

FEP Member

You'll need a vacuum hose for the dizzy.

toofast

you dont need one for the ''dizzy''

FEP Senior Member

if its a track car,remove all smog equipment.IMO
    2001 Cobra

power brakes? they work better w/vacuum
    and dont plug the carb vent line (if its a
    factory carb)
    78 Bronco 400 *RIP*
    85 Capri 2.3 5spd
    99 Sable 3.0 wifes ride
    95 Volkswagon GolfIII
    and of course my baby,
    86 CAPRI 92 302 /SROD

Lookn4theend

yeah im trying to remove all smog stuff. jsut not sure what there is, smog pump is gone,a/c is gone. and there is to big hose things comming out of the carb that look like thye should be connected. ill take a picture and post. someone told me they are for gas venting or whatever, but im not sure

Should be a vacuum diagram on the passenger, under side, of the hood if you need to see what the stock setup looks like.

Bananas!
    1986 GT Vert
    GT-40 Powered
    Cobra intake
    70 MM throttle body
    24 # injectors
    155lph fuel pump
    MAC equal length headers
    MAC cold air kit
    Eibach progressive springs
    Hyperflex polyeurethane master kit
    Cobra R wheels
    245/45 Falken Azenas

I'd liek to see a vacume diagram of an 84 carbed car. Mine doesn;t have teh diagram on the hood as my hood came off an 86 with EFI. Anyone know where I can fidn the vacume diagram for an 84 at?
    84 Mustang GT, 91 roller motor,Gt40 heads, vic jr intake, quickfuel 650 carb, MSD ignition, TFS stage 1 cam, 3.73gears in 8.8, rear disc conversion, some nitrous.

Yea,
    On the underside of an 84 hood!

Bananas!
    1986 GT Vert
    GT-40 Powered
    Cobra intake
    70 MM throttle body
    24 # injectors
    155lph fuel pump
    MAC equal length headers
    MAC cold air kit
    Cobra R wheels
    245/45 Falken Azenas

very funny. If I coulod see the underside of an 84 hood I wouldn't be asking if anyone knew of where I could see the diagram.
    84 Mustang GT, 91 roller motor,Gt40 heads, vic jr intake, quickfuel 650 carb, MSD ignition, TFS stage 1 cam, 3.73gears in 8.8, rear disc conversion, some nitrous.

I didn't mean to sound like a smart ass, just making a suggestion.
    Where I live (central Florida) there is a Mustang club that I belong to and just about every year of Mustang is represented. Unless you live somewhere in the Outback, there is probably a chapter near you. If there is, maybe someone has an 84 that you could look at. Just a suggestion.

Bananas!
    1986 GT Vert
    GT-40 Powered
    Cobra intake
    70 MM throttle body
    24 # injectors
    155lph fuel pump
    MAC equal length headers
    MAC cold air kit
    Cobra R wheels
    245/45 Falken Azenas

nope no 84's near me and I live in los Angeles, at least noone that I know of. Out of the car clubs here most of them are the aero front ended stangs.

anyoen have any idea's where I can find the vacumne diagrams for an 84 GT online?