Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Oh, that would be great!!!

I keep having failed mustang money maker ideas from my former 50stangs site, to thompsontransmission and so on. Every time I kill the site, I wind up having to move over all the pictures too.

can I send them to your email? I'll need that
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Neither here nor there

that would help huh?
    xxxxx

I will go in and edit your posts with the pics after I have them uploaded, you ok with that? Just don't change the file names if you can help it so I can figure out what order then go in.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Capriman86; 09-27-2020 at 06:44 AM.

I should post up a sister thread about heater core and evaporator install when i do mine, well mine would be more along the lines of
    "how to remove dead mice and there nest while also replacing these items because of the PO being a Retard"
    No Longer a 4I Owner
    But Have way too much 4I stuff Collecting Dust.

ok Jeff...sending pictures now.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

New User

BE AWARE THAT YOU STILL MAY HAVE TO DISCONNECT A/C LINES TO REPLACE THE HEATER CORE. ON MY 85 THE BOX WOULD NOT COME OUT FAR ENOUGH FROM THE FIRE WALL AND I DID NOT WANT TO RISK DAMAGING THE A/C. THERE ARE MANY RISK FACTORS TO THIS JOB. THE DASH UNIT IS VERY BRITTAL AND EASY TO CRACK. THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS BY THE MANUAL. REMOVE THE DASH COMPLETELY, UNHOOK THE A/C LINES, REMOVE THE BOX, REPLACE THE CORE AND REASSEMBLE.

Neither here nor there

I have the pics from v8only and will update this during this week.

We also disconnected my a/c and took the whole box out too. My a/c wasn't charged so it was actually quite easy to do that way.

we've done two box's without pulling them out...

Just don't discharge the a/c to the atmosphere folks! My 1 day old's got to live in this world too
    Jeremy

Neither here nor there

Sorry on the delay, pics are now added.
    Thanks!

Fantastic!! THanks so much...no more repairing links every few months!
    Jeremy

I seem to be losing coolant and I can smell it inside the car so I am thinking it may be the heater core. I read through this thread and I just want to make sure of something: My car has A/C, but there was a comment about Factory Installed versus Non-Factory Installed, whereby the Non-Factory Installed cars can fix the heator core by simply removing the glove-box. Is this correct? And, if so, how do I know if my A/C is factory installed or not? Thanks guys.
    Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night! - Dave Barry

1985 Mustang GT T-Top - Black w/ Grey Interior
    2006 Chevy "Don't Hate the MPG's" Aveo
    2005 Pontiac "El Lemon" Montana SVG (TRADED IN FOR THE ACADIA - THANK THE GOOD LORD!)
    2002 Chevy "The Workhorse" Silverado
    2009 GMC Acadia

Neither here nor there

Do you have a normal looking Glove box door, or is it cut on the back a bit?

Also your compressor will not look like a factory one, the dealer ones look different as well.

Last edited by Capriman86; 07-26-2009 at 06:12 AM.

Great article....! wish I'd seen this a few years back. I used this one......

http://home.netcom.com/~skent/mustan...ore/hcore.html

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Do you have a normal looking Glove box door, or is it cut on the back a bit?

Also your compressor will not look like a factory one, the dealer ones look different as well.

I'm not sure, I'm gonna have to go check now. So if it looks like yours, it's factory-installed or dealer-installed?
    Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night! - Dave Barry

1985 Mustang GT T-Top - Black w/ Grey Interior
    2006 Chevy "Don't Hate the MPG's" Aveo
    2005 Pontiac "El Lemon" Montana SVG (TRADED IN FOR THE ACADIA - THANK THE GOOD LORD!)
    2002 Chevy "The Workhorse" Silverado
    2009 GMC Acadia

Neither here nor there

That is my old capri, dealer install.

The cut-down glovebox is one clue. The other is to compare the firewall to the
    photos in post #1 of this thread. The dealer-add firewall looks very different.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

awsome, thank you. i'm also getting ready to do this before winter hits hear in a few months, and my dash is realy messed up because of the previous owner. this will me help out a lot. once again thanks.
    1981 Mustang Coupe: Rebuilt 91/306, Ported E7's, TF Spring kit, E-303 Cam, RPM Intake, Eddy 1406 Carb, FMS Dual Roller Timing set, March UD pulleys, Summit LT Headers, Summit 2-1/2" Chambered Mufflers w/ 2-1/2" FlowTech H-Pipe/ Flowtubes & 2-1/2" LMR SS Tailpipes. C4 trans with 8.8/ 2.73 Rear.

Thanks to everybody who made this information available! I was able to change my HC by refering to these pics. I did'nt have to disconnect my ac lines. However, you do fight the connection at the suction line accumulator as it limits movement of the plenum box. Lots of patience, finger dexterity, it can be done! Thanks again. Now, what do I do with that faded dash pad?.......... Hmmmm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fst347 View Post
    Thanks to everybody who made this information available! I was able to change my HC by refering to these pics. I did'nt have to disconnect my ac lines. However, you do fight the connection at the suction line accumulator as it limits movement of the plenum box. Lots of patience, finger dexterity, it can be done! Thanks again. Now, what do I do with that faded dash pad?.......... Hmmmm

What he said. Thanks v8only!

Here's my car this weekend!
    Last edited by DETROIT; 08-03-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Bump for great justice. Going to hopefully finish my heatercore today.
    '84 Mustang GT Turbo 100% Stock, 77k Miles
    '85 LTD 81k miles
    '89 Camaro Iroc-z28

Thanks for the info, just removed my old heater core today. Didn't have to remove the dash just swung it down a bit and was able to get it out. Man those back two screws suck, and the passenger one has some vaccum line in the way. Im planning to do the install tommorow. Btw, whats the best heater core to get? i mean the longest lasting, I don't want to have to do this again in a few years. Auozone has one for $27 but i don't know if it will last long.
    1986 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 Speed - Saving up for some eibach springs and shocks. Then throwing the new ponies on!
    1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3 5 Speed - Daily driver and my parts delivery truck for my Mustang
    1997 Mazda Protégé DX 1.5 5 Speed - Project car and needs some TLC. Gets great gas mileage and is definetly quick though.

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by 4EStang86 View Post
    Thanks for the info, just removed my old heater core today. Didn't have to remove the dash just swung it down a bit and was able to get it out. Man those back two screws suck, and the passenger one has some vaccum line in the way. Im planning to do the install tommorow. Btw, whats the best heater core to get? i mean the longest lasting, I don't want to have to do this again in a few years. Auozone has one for $27 but i don't know if it will last long.
    The longest lasting one would be Ford, all the others do not last as long.
    If you have the time order one from your Ford dealer or call Green Sales and get one from them.

very nice rightup

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    The longest lasting one would be Ford, all the others do not last as long.
    If you have the time order one from your Ford dealer or call Green Sales and get one from them.
    +1. For all the work involved, it's not worth the ~$30 you save, especially when you get
    to do the job a second time. Ford P/N E9LY-18476-A. And don't forget the restrictor. It
    goes in the supply hose, at the end where it connects to the fitting on the intake manifold.
    P/N E7VY-18D358-A from Ford, or LMR has an aftermarket one that will do the job.
    Cheers,
    Jeff Cook

'85 GT Hatch, 5-speed T-Top, Eibachs, Konis, & ARE 5-Spokes ... '85 GT Vert, CFI/AOD, all factory...
    '79 Fairmont StaWag, 5.0, 62K original miles ... '04 Azure Blue 40th Anny Mach 1, 37K original miles...
    2012 F150 S-Crew 4x4 5.0 "Blue Coyote"... 65 coupe, 289 auto, Pony interior ... '67 coupe 6-cyl 4-speed ...
    '68 Vert, Mexican block 307 4-speed... '71 Datsun 510 ...
    And a 1-of-328 Deep Blue Pearl 2003 Marauder 4.6 DOHC, J-Mod, 4.10s and Lidio tune

Quote Originally Posted by theemustangman View Post
    I should post up a sister thread about heater core and evaporator install when i do mine, well mine would be more along the lines of
    "how to remove dead mice and there nest while also replacing these items because of the PO being a Retard"
    I just did the same although it was my own fault leaving the car sitting for a few years. I got it all cleaned and put back together yesterday. Just need to put the dash back in.

The non ac cars should be able to get away with just removing the glove box door to get access to the cover for the heater core
    Last edited by GT5.0; 05-09-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Already posted...
    1986 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 Speed - Saving up for some eibach springs and shocks. Then throwing the new ponies on!
    1997 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3 5 Speed - Daily driver and my parts delivery truck for my Mustang
    1997 Mazda Protégé DX 1.5 5 Speed - Project car and needs some TLC. Gets great gas mileage and is definetly quick though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast