Close

Thread: window problems

Layinlow

Default window problems

i have a problem with the passenger side window of my 84 stang. when the window is all the way in the door for a long period of time it will not come out without a little bit of force (banging on the motor of the door). Plus both drivers and passenger side windows wobble back and forth when there are have way down. Any help? thanks.

stevebob100

I would say take them apart and lube everything up, and give it a visual inspection.

Go to any of the restoration places (try 5.0 Resto) and order the gears for the power window motor. These go bad and keep the motor from working when the window is down. Also get a new set of square bushings. Also, you may want to get the "clip and tool" set for when you pull the panels.
    85 GT convertible

FEP Senior Member

Default Re: window problems

Quote Originally Posted by Layinlow
    Plus both drivers and passenger side windows wobble back and forth when there are have way down. Any help? thanks.
    try these also,expensive,but they help with the wobble.
    http://secure.50resto.com/product1.c...ategory_ID=187
    2001 Cobra

Anonymous

i Recently had this problem also, so i just went to the local junk yard and got those weatherstrip, same ones sold on 50resto for 10bucks just takes time to find them also the square bushings help out alot on the vibration

maybe yall have something for this. My 85 gt has electric windows. But theres a strip in the middle of the window that the tint has become scrapped off. Its on the same place both wondows. Its like a roller is not turning when the window goes up and down. No noise, vibration or wobble. Just the scratched up tiint. I wanna fix before I replace all the tinit in August. THX
    Joe E.