Close

Thread: ball joints

jazzcat2001

Default ball joints

straight forward? remove bolts and stuff use press remove then reinstall? not looking forward to this one bit

jazzcat2001

ok i was told to first check my sway bar end links...is this just as simple as look at the bushings around them?

swaybar end links are easy to check. you can tell right away if anything is broken, or if the bushings need replacing. if you do need new end links then contact virginia classic mustang and get a set of their quick links(if they still sell them). they are about $50 for a set, but they use a rod end between the links, and they bolt solidly to the arm and the bar. they are also adjustable for efficiency. i have a set on my grand marquis and they work great. no change in ride quality, but much improved handling. as for the ball joint, i think they press in. not sure though as i have not seen one up close and personal, yet.
    64 falcon
    66 mustang
    05 grand marquis

dont just believe in miracles, rely on them!

fordsix.com admin

jazzcat2001

i am getting a sway bar with good end links from a 87-93 v8 car and will just replace that all at the same time...hope that fixes it because i really dont want to have to do balljoints again(did them on a 85 fifth avenue and a 88 mustang but wasn't 100% sure on the mustang ones)