Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

U da man

I bought a new positive cable today (guess the fire dept cut the old one) and a new serpentine belt....dont really know what happened to that but the air pump was seized and I took it apart and unseized it. Ill be able to see it run for the first time real soon Bought a haynes manual too...wtf... some of the wire colors arent even legible..even with a magnifying glass

OK...no thanks to wiring diagrams(well not the right ones anyway)I have discovered...blue/ylw and blk/wht form a loop to the neutral safety switch on the tranny...So there are actually 3 clutch related switches in a manual trans with cruise

FIANLLY THE ANSWER IS HERE....HAVENT MANAGED TO FIND IT IN A 86 WIRING DIAGRAM YET

vNLY I would still appreciate those pics though..so I can make those wires LOOK as original as possible. Im going to take a guess here..that the blu/ylw and blk/white go to the tranny tunnel indepedent of the 8 conductor plug to form a loop to the tranny neutral switch and clutch...that the computer monitors. At this point Im not sure if there is some voltage running through it or its ground based. Either way..Im a happy guy today

I hate to do this to you, but I'm heading off to idaho on a vacation until Sunday. I'll get you the pictures, and I should have them by sunday/monday next week.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123