Close

toofast

Default need help with fuel issues

ok since last winter i really havnt driven the car but now im having a problem with it pumping fuel i am running a holley red pump stock lines stock tank.ok here is what the problem is last year i was sugared and i droped the tank cleaned it all out blah blah blah.now but this has been doing this before i droped the tank.it pumps for awhile then it just seems it loses pressure in the tank or something then stops, the gas cap is new and thats not the problem ,could it be the tank or the pickup or bad lines from the tank to the pump? its not the pump cause i have 2 pumps and they are both doing the same thing any help would be cool thanks

check to be sure there are no crimps in the hoses. when i set mine up with the hooley pump, i ended up having a hose with a bend in it. it would drive for a few miles then die. i ended up buying an elbow for the fitting coming off the pump. fixed my prob

check your fuel lines for clogging. i have the same problem with my grand marquis. right now i dont have the time to bend up some new fuel line. my clog is after the fuel pump.
    64 falcon
    66 mustang
    05 grand marquis

dont just believe in miracles, rely on them!

fordsix.com admin

if you have access to an air hose, sometimes you can pull the fuel lines and run air through them and listen at the gas tank for air bubbles

also, i've seen those little screens from the pickup in the tank fall off, and get sucked up against the pickup, causing a little fuel to come through, but not enough.

Be sure your float is not adjusted way too low either. Have you checked fuel pressure - you sure you don't have two bad pumps?
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip