Close

FEP Member

Default PLEASE HELP w/ foglights on pace car

Hey guys I recieved my foglights today & after giving Ford $34 for bulbs I still cant get any lights EXCEPT The small led on switch is on constantly & no power to the foglights even w/ headlights on????? CAN ANYONE HELP Or have experience w/ these lights ? THANKS Tony

FEP Senior Member

Check the fuses. I had a similar issue that was fuse related.
    1986 (2A) Saleen #120.

FEP Member

Default help on 79 Pace car foglights

SORRY but do U mean in fuse pannel ? I dont have a diagram.. Its been really abused before I saved it. I assume it originally had a diagram that told what fuse went to what ?? THANKS Tony

FEP User

if its not a fuse, pull out some decent gauge wire, and wire them in with a relay. VERY simple! just remember to use a fuse

and use ur existing fog light switch to activate the relay.
    1982 Capri 2.3L RS turbo

FEP Member

Do U think it could be the headlight switch its self ?? Why else would it be sending power to light the indicator when EVERYTHING is OFF ??

FEP Member

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !

FEP Member

Default foglights

OK, I just cleaned & checked ALL connections.. Now that its late & quiet I can hear & feel a clicking in the relay under dash every time I turn the switch on/off.. I assume this means the switch is working correctly ??HOWEVER indicator light stays light up ALL the time, Do I have a bad relay & does ANYONE know how/If these are able to be tested since this relay is no longer available. THANKS AGAIN Tony

jazzcat2001

i say run all new wires..then you aren't relying on something that someone else screwed up or is 20+ years old...and that way you know if something goes wrong...thats what i would do if i were you

FEP Member

SORRY, I know that would be an easy fix BUT I dont want to add a bunch of wires to this car when they cam from factory already wired.TRYING To keep original as possible & make everything work!

82caprittops

in back of the fog lights they have a circular connector...is this connected? when i got my capri they werent connected......try that if that dont work have u tried a voltmeter and testing the wiring starting at the marchals and then working backwards towards the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by pace car 1320
    SORRY, I know that would be an easy fix BUT I dont want to add a bunch of wires to this car when they cam from factory already wired.TRYING To keep original as possible & make everything work!
    I don't think you fully understand. The stock Ford foglight setup in these cars is CRAP. It is NOT adequate to have lasted over 20+ years. It burns out the wires/connections/lightswitch over time. That is why they are suggesting that you run all new wires, the original Ford wires were not setup to handle the amount of extra current needed by the foglights.

If you DO get the stock setup to work and use it, it will just BURN out again unless you do the relay setup as suggested.

-Mike