Close

Default Granada - Mustang Interchangabilities?

Okay so this 1980 Granada I bought has a 302 and a 3 speed auto, which I am taking for the stang, but I was also wondering what else I could take from it, so I have a few questions for the experts here...

1. Does anybody know what Rear diff these things came with, I THINK it's a 9" (I doubt it though)

2. If it is a 9" Can I take it and use it on the stang?

3. When I take the driveshaft for the engine & tranny do I have to modify it?

4. It's all 5 lug so can I take the axles diffs and everything and will they work in the stang?

If any of these questions can be answered I'd be forever grateful!! Thanks in advance guys!!

Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Travis T

I don't think any of those parts will fit a Mustang without modifications. It should have a double A arm front suspension, and the driveshaft should bolt to the rear end with U bolts, not a flange like the Mustang. I believe those cars also have a leaf spring rear suspension, which means that none of the brackets on the rear would be correct.

V6DR

i think the Granada is more like the vintage {65-73} Mustangs. i know they swap the Granada front disc brakes onto vintage Mustangs. the rear should be an 8 inch with leaf springs.

it's probably an 8 inch rear, though it could be a 9 inch.

The good news is that the Maverick guys go crazy for many of the granada parts,as many mechanical parts will swap right over to the mavericks.

if you find that you want to strip this and sell the parts,

Go over to www.Maverick.to

and hit up the message boards, tell emJeremy sent you if you want, and tell them what you have. I gaurantee a few people will hit you up.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

SleeperGT

Yeah, the Granada has more parts interchangability with the Maverick, Pinto and Mustang ll crowd. Especially the front brakes.. Its a cheap way to get better stopping power and 5 bolt swap all at once. Stick a 302 in a Pinto, you'd want the increase in stopping power.

Maybe I'll have to pick up a Maverick, I know my dad used to have one that was a dragster lol He said it was a great car to drive
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

if on the other hand you find an 81 or later granada you can swap all the suspension parts to your mustangs, as the basic chassis is the same.
    64 falcon
    66 mustang
    05 grand marquis

dont just believe in miracles, rely on them!

fordsix.com admin