Close

Anonymous

Default 5 lug pattern (bolt pattern)

Hello:

I'm trying to find out when Ford starting making 5 lug available on Mustangs. if it was in the 1984 - 1986 time frame does anyone know if the pattern is the same as the 2001 model year.

Thanks!
    Carl

The 5 lug mustangs didn't come into effect until the new body style in 94. Maybe the 93 cobra's had 5 lug, not sure on that.

If you're looking to go 5 lug on your 80's mustang, then it is common to use the 94+ stuff on the fox body's
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

'84-'86 SVO is 5-lug. And yes, the bolt pattern is the same as '93 Cobra R/SN-95.

'93 Cobra is 4-lug.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    '84-'86 SVO is 5-lug. And yes, the bolt pattern is the same as '93 Cobra R/SN-95.

'93 Cobra is 4-lug.
    I'll be damned!!! Never worked on an svo before,hell, or even looked at the wheels up close. Good stuff to know.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm just curious as I'm starting my search for a 84-86 GT.

I'll wait to hear back from you (v8only) after May 8 regarding your car for sale and our discussion.

Thanks!

'93 Cobra is 4-lug.
    The 93 Cobra R was 5-lug
    -Zach
    '81 Zephyr Sedan: In pieces. Some at the garage, some under my bed, etc...

Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by v8only

'93 Cobra is 4-lug.
    I'll be damned!!! Never worked on an svo before,hell, or even looked at the wheels up close. Good stuff to know.
    doh.. Where you been man!!!l lol. Svo 5 lug 4 wheels disc koni's tubular control arms all sorts of neet cool stuff...

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

REALLY!!! I've never found a complete one in the junkyard (ok once, but I didn't know what to take), never knew anyone who owned one, or even worked on one!!!! I'm at a complete loss here.

Koni's??? Tubular control arms??? i didn't know this. I'm going to have to get a better look next time I run across one at the yards. Ford should have put all of these neat parts onto the v8 gt's. now i see why the svo's are so popular.
    Jeremy

The front arms were tubular. But forget about putting them on any other Mustang. You'd need sleeves for the ball joint that CCM used to make but doesn't any more.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Super Member

The front arms were tubular. But forget about putting them on any other Mustang. You'd need sleeves for the ball joint that CCM used to make but doesn't any more.
    Griggs still makes the sleeves to run svo spindles on regular lower control arms. The svo control arms are IMPOSSIBLE to find. But my brother and i have a nos left side.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

The front brake setups of the 84-86 SVo and the 93 Cobra R/94+ Mustang is completely different. ALL 5-lug stang rims will fit the SN95 style, but not all SN95 rims will fit the SVO rotors
    Mike
    -'88 Mustang LX 5.0L

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
    The front brake setups of the 84-86 SVo and the 93 Cobra R/94+ Mustang is completely different. ALL 5-lug stang rims will fit the SN95 style, but not all SN95 rims will fit the SVO rotors
    Very true.. The dust cap hub area is bigger on the svo rotor/spindle. But wheels built before 96 will fit. Otherwise you need to machine the wheel or the rotor..

kyle
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

[quote]FoxChassis wrote:

Then is the rear with discs the same width as the mustang or is the same as a Turbo T-Bird.
    86 Capri 5.0
    86 F150 stepside
    85 crewcab stepside project
    66 VW Bug
    73 Dune Buggy

The SVO rear is actually wider than the T-bird. It's 1.25" wider each side than a standard drum brake Mustang.

But the rear setup can be modified to retain stock axle width. I myself run SVO rear brakes modified to use ranger 5-lug axles. Here's the write up

http://home.pacbell.net/black306/tech/reardisc.html

I used to have the SVO fronts as well, but i went with cobra 13"
    Mike
    -'88 Mustang LX 5.0L