Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black wasn't available in '86.

Black was only available '79-'83 and '90-'93.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    Black wasn't available in '86.

Black was only available '79-'83 and '90-'93.
    Alright. Any guesses as to which this looks like?

Either way, any guess as to its value?

Looks like an 85-86 grey one that was dyed black. IMHO.

Or it's the original Dark Charcoal ('84-'86) that over time - due to sun damage - looks like it's black.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by silver85
    The measurements are the same for coupe and hatchback. I measured both. They are within ~1/16" give or take.

79-82 - 30 1/2"

83-86 - 30 7/8"

87-89 - 31 1/4"

90-93 - 33 1/4"

Looks like the 79-82 and 83-86 panels are just soooooo close to fitting between those years it is not funny.

Another good idea for this article is taking a picture of the inside where the seatbelt mounts to show the different hole alignment changes between 90 and 91. If I would have had my digital camera today I could have done that.
    Hey thanks for researching that info, this is good stuff to know. I'm in the process of collecting pictures for this article, so i'll add the seat belt stuff to my list too.

BTW about the cargo cover, maybe that person had an interior shop custom make a black cargo cover for their 86? Either that or i'm gonna go with what silver85 said, maybe dyed black? I'm probably going to have to have a black cargo cover custom made, since there aren't any other Mustangs with a black cargo cover that will directly swap over.

Hmm, looking at those cargo cover pics again, it doesn't look so bad. I'll give you a dollar for it? haha JFWY
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt
    www.thompsontransmission.com - coming soon
    Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

Directly swap over from what to what?

Black '81-'83 privacy shades/cargo covers will fit all '81-'86 hatchback panels.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Directly swap over from what to what?

Black '81-'83 privacy shades/cargo covers will fit all '81-'86 hatchback panels.
    What do I do about the clips that hold the cover in place and keep it from retracting? Will those still clip into my 86? BTW i haven't had any luck at all finding an early black cargo cover.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Clips are the same '81-'86.

The only difference in the whole setup, from '81-'86, is how the expanded cover hooks to either the liftgate or the trim panels, which I outlined in the above quote.

Also, the early covers (that attached to the liftgate) did not have perforations/holes for the speakers. The later covers (that attached to the trim panels) did have perforations/holes for the speakers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Malleus Banificarum

Okay guys, how much more info do you feel needs to be added to this one? It's a fantastic thread.

Perhaps a tid bit about vert black interior conversion.

I picked up a near mint set of black 83 vert rear panels, since the 90-93 style will not work with our seat belts.

I did a 30 second drop in, and so far it's looking like these panels will not fit. I'm really bummed. I payed $81 for them. I'm going to try harder tomorrow to make them fit. If they won't, then our only option with verts in the back is to paint. I'll report back with the news.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

Good news. The 83 black vert 1/4 panels seem to be an exact fit, along with the 83 black upper/lower seat bottom. the 83 panels are unique to their own year, though and are not like the 84-89 style. The 83 units are a fiberglass two piece, vs the 84-89 which is a plastic one piece. However, when compared to the fitting, they both seem to fit identical.

Here are the first real sneak peeks into my black interior conversion. The second shot shows how they are two pieces. NOTE, nothing is screwed in yet, I'm just placing for fitment right now. NOTE that these are in an 86 gt vert right now. The manual crank hole seems to be in an identical spot, so I should be able to cut and fit the panel for my power switches. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, any 79-83 black seat belts, hatch/coupe/vert will work for the front belts.

Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

Looks pimp man!! I love it!! I will take some pics of my 88 T-top black interior conversion. I plan on making the 87-89 HVAC controls fit in a 90-93 black dash. I also had the rear seatbelt brackets welded in for the shoulder belts in the back. I hope to be working on it late this fall. Some pics from that will help document this some more.

If FoxChassis would ever get around to his SN83 project he could give you some detailed pics too!

If FoxChassis would ever get around to his SN83 project he could give you some detailed pics too!
    That'll get started when I'm old and grey.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I plan on making the 87-89 HVAC controls fit in a 90-93 black dash.
    I'm also converting my 88 coupe to black interior. I swapped in a 90-93 black dash along with the 90-93 hvac controls. It's pretty easy really. The vacume wiring and stuff is a tight fit, but it'll work. It shouldn't be too hard getting the 87-89 hvac controls to bolt up. You'll most likely have to drill holes on the black dash.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Yeah, I have eyeballed it and it looks like I will have to do some trimming of the plastic because the older controls are larger. I will have to drill 2 holes for sure and trim it up.

I'll take pics to document it.

Just a short note on door panels. 79 panels are specific to that year. They have the door release latch in the bottom front corner, vice the top front corner of all other years. So if you are converting a later year car to black door panels, you should be searching for '80-'83 or '90-'93...

You can see what I'm talking about here:
    http://home.san.rr.com/scottsweb/104-0444_IMG.JPG
    ~Scott

~1979 RS, 396 Stroker Windsor, Tremec, 3.55 8.8, big brakes, 6-point cage. Way too much to list!
    ~1985 GPIV, under restoration...
    ~1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco w/ minor mods.
    ~2006 Yamaha R1. Stock, and the fastest vehicle in my garage!

Dude, jesus man. I can't believe this. Compare

http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...riorguide.html

That's my bro's article. He wrote it, everyone knows this. Hell, your name, fox chassis is even in the end where Corey thanks you for your advice.

It's got his name on our article. I'm flattered that Corey wrote such a good tech article that a professional company would put it on their site, but this is a blatent rip off. I guess we're getting good at our tech eh?

I'm talking to Corey on this, I can't thank you enough for finding this. We've got to figure what to do.

We both put a lot of hardcore trial and error finding, buying and placing parts to see what would work, as well as the contributions from this site. Amazing.

this will be intersting to see what happens.
    Jeremy

At the very bottom of the article on http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...riorguide.html it say's "Written by Corey Thompson aka 50 Proof" Atleast you guys get recignition on one site... But that One supposedly (but obviously not) written by Craig Murphy is just retarded, does he think that he can get away with that....Oh well I guess if he's reading this thread, he'll give you guys some regignition pronto, or pay a price for stealing the article..
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Lookie what I found elsewhere on the net:

http://www.fortesparts.com/craigsgt/interior.htm
    fox, how did you find this? did you google search it?
    This is a duplicate of my article, almost word for word. My article is a little inaccurate which I will be correcting soon. What can I and should I do about this? This sucks!!!

just FYI the rear guide is here...

http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...riorguide.html
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by 85 Notchback
    At the very bottom of the article on http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...riorguide.html it say's "Written by Corey Thompson aka 50 Proof" Atleast you guys get recignition on one site... But that One supposedly (but obviously not) written by Craig Murphy is just retarded, does he think that he can get away with that....Oh well I guess if he's reading this thread, he'll give you guys some regignition pronto, or pay a price for stealing the article..
    That link you just gave is actually Corey and My site. He gets the recognition there because it is our site, and he put that up on our site. Damn, who would have ever thought?

What kind of sucks, is he didn't mention written by 50 proof, or even mention foureyedpride.com, where he obviously stole it from. Slaps his name on the article and takes full responsibility. there are a lot of people here who contributed to that.
    Jeremy

If you're serious about it. Then be calm and direct and tell him that the information he has is copyrighted and that he needs to remove the page and redirect his users to your site.

Tell, him if he wishes to reference the information, he needs to ask permission and *PROPERLY* credit the authors.

Save all correspondance. (Registered letters, Email, Phone Calls, etc).

As long as you make issue of it soon, but don't have the money to pursue it legally, you could get a judgement in your favor down the road if it is cause for real damages.

Unfortunately about all you can do is raise a stink wherever this guys article pops up. You aren't losing any money from this kind of stuff so its kind of hard to do much more than annoy him back.

A good way is to put a note about the loser and his practices on your site with a break down of his antics. Then you can post the link whenever you see somebody linking to "his" article. At least it will make you feel better.

-Mike

Some things that Map companies do is leave little "incosistancies" in their maps.

Like a fictitious city with no roads going to it. A lake in the middle of nowhere, etc..so that when another company rips off their maps, they have proof of plaguerism (sp?).

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by v8only
    Quote Originally Posted by 85 Notchback
    That link you just gave is actually Corey and My site. He gets the recognition there because it is our site, and he put that up on our site. Damn, who would have ever thought?

What kind of sucks, is he didn't mention written by 50 proof, or even mention foureyedpride.com, where he obviously stole it from. Slaps his name on the article and takes full responsibility. there are a lot of people here who contributed to that.
    Oops haha I totally forgot that was your guys' site...I guess the recognition makes sense then Yeah, do as negusm says, and if he refuses nail his ass to the wall...
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Hey, Corey, can you start a new post perhaps in the bs section with this, just so we don't cloud up this tech sticky with all the details of this.
    Jeremy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast