Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by 50 Proof
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis
    Lookie what I found elsewhere on the net:

http://www.fortesparts.com/craigsgt/interior.htm
    fox, how did you find this? did you google search it?
    This is a duplicate of my article, almost word for word. My article is a little inaccurate which I will be correcting soon. What can I and should I do about this? This sucks!!!
    Yes, I found it on a google.com search last week. It popped up as I was searching for something else and I clicked on it for *tulips* and giggles. Immediately I recognized the wording and format as being almost an exact copy of your tech article (which was started here in this thread of course).

I wouldn't fault Forte's Parts Connection though. I'm sure they weren't the ones who ripped the information off. It looks as if their (Fortes') 'site is just a host for Metrowest Mustang Club. And it looks like Craig Murphy (who takes credit for the interchangeability guide) is the founder of WMW.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I believe that this craig guy found Corey's article on this site (as Corey said the html doesn't match his coding from out site) and he copied and pasted the info from this site into an article. Furthermore, this could be a stretch, but the coincidence is so high that the very place that ripped Corey off would find his article. There was a thread a while back From Corey that didn't get too many hits on midwestmustang ripping him off. I'm almost willing to bet midwestmustang searched corey's ebay id, and somehow linked him to this article. That could be a stretch, but regardless, fortes parts probably does not have a clue, as I have to presume that he approached one of his suppliers (fortesparts) and said, hey, I've got this really good interior article, lets make a deal, you host, I get a kick down of some sort. there has to be some financial or some sort of business agreement between the two of them for this article, otherwise he would have posted it on his own site, which I believe is midwestmustang.net.
    Jeremy
    -86 mustang SSP X CHP Unit # 3788-bone stock & staying that way
    -66 Mustang, bench seat car,8.8,t5 fuel injected 92 engine
    -72 Maverick 5.0 resto in process
    -12SS Camaro 6 speed. 600 FWHP, Kraftwerks Supercharger
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg
    Entire 1986 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual download
    http://slantnosefox.com/picturehosti...g%20manual.zip

hmm, big correction on my part and jeremy's part. midwestmustang.net did not rip off my article. midwestmustang.net ripped me off on kick panels, but thats another store. the people who are using my article is metrowest mustangs. just wanted to clarify.

I DO have a revised copy of this interchangeability guide since some of the info in the original one(the one that was copied by metrowest mustangs) is inaccurate. I do have a more accurate revised version, but I'm going to hold off on posting it until this is settled.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt
    www.thompsontransmission.com - coming soon
    Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

Getting somewhere

http://www.fortesparts.com/mwmustangs/history.cfm

Is this the slime bucket who stole the article??

http://www.fortesparts.com/mwmustang...fm?MemberID=39

Craig Murphy - Webmaster/Recruiter/Event Planning/DVD

PLEASE NOBODY SAY ANYTHING TO HIM/THEM. Let us handle this so it doesn't get out of hand, and do NOT post this link to other message boards.
    Jeremy
    -03 z71 Avalanche 9" lift on 35s Daily Driven 20k a year. 290k miles at 11.8 mpg

Quote Originally Posted by v8only
    Getting somewhere

http://www.fortesparts.com/mwmustangs/history.cfm

Is this the slime bucket who stole the article??

http://www.fortesparts.com/mwmustang...fm?MemberID=39

Craig Murphy - Webmaster/Recruiter/Event Planning/DVD

PLEASE NOBODY SAY ANYTHING TO HIM/THEM. Let us handle this so it doesn't get out of hand, and do NOT post this link to other message boards.
    So he was looking for parts on ebay it says in the second link...Maybe that's how he found Corey's link to the tech article somehow, because apparently he's doing a black swap to....Yes I know it's very obvious, but im just trying to piece together this whole debacle...
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Okay guys,
    I'm working on compiling an updated version of this tech article. The part about seat belts contains inaccurate information. Someone from another source informed us about an issue with seat belts. The new version will contain this information. There are also other miscellaneous revisions made to improve the accuracy of this article.

Jeremy or anyone? Can you send me pictures of 1983-1989 front convertible seat belts indicating which one is passenger side and driver side, most important make sure the mounting tabs are visible in the pictures.

Does anyone have pictures of black door panels? Any 1980-1983 black door panel, coupe/hatch, and convertible pictures will work, especially 1983 GLX black door panels.

Cargo covers. If anyone has pictures of cargo covers over the different years(more specific black ones) that would be great, but any color would work so that I can reference the differences.

I will be posting the finished article in this thread as well as on my website, so if you'd like some sort of reference/recognition for the pictures you submit then let me know and we'll work something out. Thanks for your help.

Please don't be fooled by the article on fortesparts.com, as that is not the true version of the black interior interchangeability guide. So far he hasn't responded with my request I made to him. If he wants to keep that article on his website, then hopefully he's reading this and knows that the article he "borrowered" from me is not accurate.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    1986 Mustang GT T-Tops - Explorer engine swap, MAF Conversion, 5 lug Cobra Brakes
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Some pics...they aren't grey but they at least one pic is a comparison of a hatch belt vs vert belt.

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...=9277&start=15

The image names have whether its left or right being compared.

As you, I too would like a mention of credit if you use the pics.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    Some pics...they aren't grey but they at least one pic is a comparison of a hatch belt vs vert belt.

http://www.foureyedpride.com/phpBB2/...=9277&start=15

The image names have whether its left or right being compared.

As you, I too would like a mention of credit if you use the pics.

-Mike
    Let me know how you'd like a mention of credit if I use the pics and i'll be sure to include it in the article/pictures. I'll let you know if I use them or not. Thanks very much.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Just at the end of your article:

Thanks to everyone for their contributions:
    Mike Negus (www.ascmclarencoupe.com)

I don't really care if people copy the pictures at all. If its in an article/publication then I'd like a mention.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by negusm
    Just at the end of your article:

Thanks to everyone for their contributions:
    Mike Negus (www.ascmclarencoupe.com)

I don't really care if people copy the pictures at all. If its in an article/publication then I'd like a mention.

-Mike
    sounds good to me. i'll put something at the end to mention everyones name/website at the end who contributed. There are some people on this site who contributed but don't frequent this board, so If I can't find peoples names, then i'll at least include usernames@foureyedpride.com
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

I have a black cargo cover from an '83 I'll get a pic of. How would you like the pic, open or closed? I also have 1/4 panels from the '83, not exactly in perfect condition, but I'll take pics of them too and post them. If you are looking for pics of '79 pace car quarters also, I'll get a pic of them since the ones that I have are in black also. Would you need pics of anything else besides those things?

Hows this, I'll take pics of every black piece that I have and list them on my site and you can pick and choose which ones that you want. I'll make sure that I put the car it was from above the pic.
    1986 GT Notch T-Tops 5.0L 5speed

Former Fox's
    1989 LX Hatchback 2.3L 5speed
    1983 GT Hatchback 5.0L 4speed

Quote Originally Posted by me-chanix
    I have a black cargo cover from an '83 I'll get a pic of. How would you like the pic, open or closed? I also have 1/4 panels from the '83, not exactly in perfect condition, but I'll take pics of them too and post them. If you are looking for pics of '79 pace car quarters also, I'll get a pic of them since the ones that I have are in black also. Would you need pics of anything else besides those things?

Hows this, I'll take pics of every black piece that I have and list them on my site and you can pick and choose which ones that you want. I'll make sure that I put the car it was from above the pic.
    either open or closed, doesn't matter. Can you show the hooks used to hold the cargo cover open when installed? On my 86 I have plastic hooks that clip onto the plastic interior panel to hold the cover open, but I believe the earlier cargo covers are held open differently(metal bar going the width of the cover).
    thats sounds like a lot of black stuff to take pics of, if it's too much trouble don't worry about it, maybe just the easy to get to stuff or something. Thanks very much for your help.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

It's no problem to me as I have all of the black parts laying around out of the car right now while I put in a couple new parts (carpet and dash, the fun stuff that everything has to be removed...). Then the fun part of relaying the whole interior then screwing it in place comes.

You are right that the earlier models have a different mounting position for the hatch. The clips are connected to the hatch instead of right behind the taillights. I can take a pic of the underside of the hatch for the mounting locations, but it will be a little while before I can take a pic of the hatch cover in place.

I will see if I can get the pictures tomarrow as it just rained (and is still drizzling) and don't want to get the pieces wet. If I can't get around to taking the pictures tomarrow, I will definately take them Friday as that is my day off form work.

It's my pleasure to help out as before I found this board, I didn't have the slightest idea of what I was doing. Now it's my turn to give back.

Former Fox's

Alright guys, here is a more updated version of the guide. I'm sure it still has some mistakes, so if you notice something, don't be shy. Thanks!!! You can also view it on my website if you'd like...
    http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...riorguide.html
    A printer friendly version can be found here if you'd like to print a copy out for your personal use, but I warn you it's about 5 pages long...
    http://www.50stangs.com/techarticles...printable.html
    Also, I will be adding pictures as soon as I can gather them all together.

1979-1989 Fox Body Black Interior Interchangeability Guide

Seat Belts
    If you have a coupe or hatchback you have a couple of options to work with. 1990 coupe/hatchback front seat belts will mount on your 1979-1989 Fox Body Mustang coupe/hatchback; however 1991-1993 coupe/hatchback front seat belts have different mounting tabs and will not work on 1979-1989 Mustangs without cutting new slots inside your car for the mounting tabs. 1979-1983 coupe/hatchback black seat belts will work on all 1979-1990 coupe/hatchback Mustangs. 1990 coupe/hatchback front seat belts and 1979-1983 coupe/hatchback front seat belts will not work on 1983-1986 Convertibles, so you will need to find black seat belts from a 1983 Convertible only. 1990-1993 Convertible front seat belts will not directly work on any body style Mustang from 1979-1989.

1979-1983 rear black seat belts will work on all 1979-1989 coupe/hatchback Mustangs and 1983-1989 convertibles. 1990-1993 Mustangs have rear shoulder harness seat belts and will not directly bolt into a 1979-1989 Mustang. If 1990-1993 rear seat belts are used on 1979-1989 foxes, then the 1990-1993 rear seat should be used. 1990-1993 rear seats are designed to have the seat belt buckles come up through the seat bottom to accommodate the differences in the way the 1990-1993 rear seat belts are mounted. To install 1990-1993 rear seats and seat belts, the seat mounting brackets will need to be welded onto the floor pan, as well as modifications for mounting the seat belts. It is also advised to use 1990-1993 rear Ľ trim panels if 1990-1993 rear seats and seat belts are used since these panels have cut-outs to accommodate the mounting of the rear shoulder harness seat belts.

If you plan on using 1990 Front seat belt retractors with a 1979-1989 Mustang, the 1990 seat belt retractors don't have the release cable that plugs into the door jam. If you use 1990 front seat belts you will have a hole in your door jam. To fix this you can get a rubber plug to plug up the hole. There is an oval rubber plug used on all 1979-1993 Mustangs inside the trunk where the rear quarter panel meets the tail light panel. I've also heard 1979 and 1980 Mustangs came with a rubber plug in the door jam and that you can use this plug from those two year Mustangs if you find one in the wrecking yards.

Rear Ľ Trim Panels
    If you are converting your 1979-1982 Coupe/Hatchback Mustang to black interior, then you must use 1979-1982 rear Ľ trim panels. If you have a 1983-1986 Mustang, for a direct fit without modifications you can only use 1983 rear Ľ trim panels. 1983 Ľ trim panels are the same design as the 1984-1986 panels. 1979-1982 panels are a different design and will not directly swap over to 1983-1986 Mustangs. 1983 is the last year for black interior, so if you're converting your 1983-1986 Mustang to black interior good luck locating the Ľ trim panels.

In 1990 Ford mounted the front seat belts about an inch or so higher up on coupes/hatchbacks. The 1990-1993 rear 1/4 trim panels will not work on a 1979-1989 Mustang coupe/hatchback without relocating the seat belt mount. If you are converting your 1987-1989 Mustang coupe/hatchback to black interior, than you have two options for Ľ trim panels: you can relocate the front seat belt mount hole and use 1990-1993 Ľ trim panels, but you’ll also need to convert your rear seat belts to the 1990-1993 rear shoulder harness belts as well since 1990-1993 panels have cut outs for shoulder harness belts. Your other option is to dye your 1987-1989 style panels black. 50 Resto sells the interior dye and prepping agents needed to dye your interior using the exact same shade of black that Ford used when dying various interior parts in the factory.

Convertible Specific
    You don’t have too many options here. 1983 was the first year for convertibles and the last year for black interior. 1983 convertibles did not have rear power windows. So if you are lucky enough to find black 1983 rear vert Ľ trim panels for your 1984-1989 convertible, than you’ll either need to convert to manual windows or modify the 1/4 trim panels to mount a power window switch, if your convertible is equipped with rear power windows. 1990-1993 rear Ľ trim panels will not work on 1983-1989 convertibles unless you convert to 1990-1993 front seat belts and convert your rear power window harness to work with the 1990-1993 rear power window switch. If you can’t find 1983 rear Ľ trim panels for your 1984-1989 vert, than your only other option is to dye the panels that you already have or have them recovered with new black vinyl and black carpet. The A-Pillar trim for convertibles is different too. You can use 1983 Convertible A-Pillar trim for 1983-1986 Mustangs or you can modify and cut down 1979-1983 hard top A-Pillar trim. If you have a 1987-1989 Mustang, than you can use 1990-1993 A-Pillar trim from a convertible, or modify and cut down 1990-1993 hard top A-Pillar trim.

T-Top Specific
    1983 T-Top latch trim panels(not the End Caps) that cover the locking T-Top latches will not work on 1984-1986 Mustangs with locking T-Top latches. The 1983 locking latch trim panels are a different size and won't work. Dying your 1984-1986 locking T-Top latch panels black is your only option here. Non-locking 1983 black T-Top latch trim panels should also work on 1984-1986 non-locking T-Tops.The 1983 black end caps will work on your 1984-1986 Mustang, 1979-1982 end caps will work on 1983-1986 Mustangs, but you will need to trim the end caps.

The front windshield A-Pillar trim can be had off of a 1979-1983 Mustang hard top or T-Top. It’s all the same, however for T-Tops, Ford actually cut the hard top A-Pillar trim panels so that they wont interfere with the T-Top end cap. If you use hard top A-Pillar trim pieces you’ll need to cut the A-Pillar trim pieces where it interferes with the T-Top end cap. This isn’t a big deal since this is what Ford did as well. Also note that Ford cut the rear Ľ trim panels as well so that they wouldn’t interfere with the rear T-Top end caps. Hard top Ľ trim panels will interfere with the rear T-Top end cap, so you’ll have to cut off the part of the Ľ trim panel that interferes. If you are lucky enough to find any of these pieces from a T-Top specific car, than you’ll see how Ford cut these pieces for you, and you won't have to do any cutting.

Dash
    1979-1983 black dashes will work on all 1979-1986 Mustangs; however, the metal frame underneath the dash from 1979-1982 is different than the dash frames on 1983-1986 dashes. A 1983 Black dash will directly swap over to any 1983-1986 Mustang without changing the metal frame underneath the dash. A 1983 dash going into a 1979-1982 Mustang will need a 1979-1982 frame. A 1979-1982 black dash will directly swap over to any 1979-1982 Mustang. A 1979-1982 Dash going into a 1983-1986 Mustang will need a 1983-1986 frame. Do note that the radio opening on 1979-1983 dashes are different than 1984-1986 dash radio openings.

The glove box on 1979-1983 dashes is different than the glove box 1984-1986 dashes. So when using a 1979-1983 dash, you’ll need to use your 1984-1986 glove box. 1979-1983 glove boxes are too large and will not work with your 1984-1986 Mustang because they interfere with the heater core box. Your only option here is to dye your 1984-1986 glove box black. I know a lot of people are picky about having to dye their interior, but if done right it will look good. Ford actually painted/dyed a lot of their interior items. If you look at your 1979-1986 dash, you’ll see overspray underneath the gauge cluster. You can actually paint/dye your 1984-1986 dash if you don’t want to go through the trouble of locating and installing a 1979-1983 dash. If you use a 1979-1983 black dash you may need to drill holes in the dash where the fuel door/trunk release buttons go.

If you are converting a 1987-1989 Mustang to black interior, than use the 1990-1993 dashes. When using a 1990-1993 black dash in an 1987-1989 make sure you grab the mounting hardware for the fuse block since the fuse block is mounted differently in 1990-1993 Mustangs. You might need to drill a couple of holes in the dash frame when bolting up a 1990-1993 dash in an 1987-1989 Mustang, but overall it's pretty much a direct swap and is very easy to do.

Kick panels, door sills, and A-Pillar Trim
    1990-1993 kick panels would be a direct swap for 1984-1989 Mustangs. The 1979-1983 black kick panels are slightly different. The screw hole that mounts the kick panels to the carpet is located in a different spot. Convertible kick panels are different than hatch/coupe kick panels. Door sills from 1979-1993 are all the same. If you have a 1979-1986 Mustang, use 1979-1983 A-Pillar trim. If you have a 1987-1989 Mustang, use 1990-1993 A-Pillar Trim.

Headliner and Sunvisors
    Coupe header is different than hatchback headliner. The two are not interchangeable so don't try. 1990-1992 coupe headliner will work in 1979-1992 coupes. In 1993 Ford changed the dome light, so if you use 1993 headliner you'll have to upgrade your dome light. The same is true for hatchback headliner.

Coupe, Hatchback, and T-Top sunvisors are not the same as convertible sunvisors. 1983 and 1990-1993 black convertible sunvisors need to be used with 1983-1989 Convertibles. 1983 black hatch/coupe sunvisors do not secure into any clips on the headliner the way the 1984+ Mustang sunvisors do. If you're converting a 1979-1983 Mustang to black interior, I'd stick with 1979-1983 sunvisors. If you're converting a 1984-1989 Mustang to black interior, I'd stick with the 1990-1993 cloth sunvisors. The 1990-1993 cloth visors also come with vanity lights on them, so you may need to splice some wiring to get the vanity lights to work.

Seats
    1979-1983 hatchback rear black seats won't work with 1984-1986 hatchbacks. 1979-1983 rear seat backs are not split folding the way the 1984-1986 rear seats are. The 1979-1982 rear seat back folds down as one piece. The 1984-1986 passenger side and driver side rear seat back both fold down separately from each other. 1990-1993 rear seats won't work on 1979-1989 hatchbacks or coupes unless you upgrade your rear seat mounts to 1990-1993 rear seat mounts. 1979-1983 rear coupe black seats will work on all 1979-1989 coupes. I have 1979-1983 black rear coupe seats in my 1988 coupe, and everything fits great and looks OEM.

Carpet
    Coupe and hatch carpet will interchange. You can use carpet from a 1979-1983 or 1990-1993 coupe/hatchback Mustang. If you use 1979-1983 carpet you might have to cut additional holes, but the actual carpet will be the same. 1990-1993 Convertible carpet is different than 1979-1983 and 1990-1993 hatch/coupe carpet. There are bigger holes cut in the sill area for the seat belts and the carpet goes up higher into the kick panel area.

Center Console
    1979-1983 Black Center consoles will work with all 1979-1986 Mustangs. However, if you are using a 1979-1983 center console in a 1984-1986 Mustang, you may want to swap your stock clock/warning system into the 1979-1983 console. 1984-1986 Mustangs have clocks with an orange/amber display mounted in their center consoles. You can remove a 1984-1986 clock/warning system and swap it into a 1979-1983 console to keep everything displayed as how it should be for your year Mustang. 1990-1993 black center consoles will swap into any 1987-1993 Mustang. 1990-1993 black consoles will need a hole drilled for the fuel door release button.

Door Panels
    1983-1986 Convertible door panels are different than 1980-1986 hatch/coupe door panels. 1979 Door panels cannot be used on any body style 1980-1986 Mustang because the door latch is in the bottom front corner of the door panel. If you are converting a 1979 Mustang to black interior, you must use 1979 door panels.

Convertible door panels have more carpet on their door panels than coupe/hatch door panels. The carpet on a convertible door panel goes a little less than half way up the door panel. I've seen a 1983 GT Convertible with black door panels that look very similar to the 1985/86 Mustang GT convertible door panels. In my opinion, for a 1983-1986 convertible, these are the best door panels to get but are very scarce and will be next to impossible to find. Another option is to use 1983 Mustang GLX Convertible black door panels, 1980-1983 coupe/hatchback door panels, or convert to the newer style 1990-1993 door panels. If you try to use coupe/hatchback door panels on your 1984-1986 Mustang Convertible, you'll have to modify the driver side door panel slightly because 1984-1986 Convertibles had front and rear power windows and a 4 way power window control switch on the driverside door panel, whereas hatchbacks only have a 2 way power window switch on the driver side door panel.

The 1983 GT hatchback door panels do not look the same as 1985/86 GT door panels, but the 1983 GT door panels do look the same as 1984 GT door panels. 1983 GLX door panels look closest to stock 1985/86 GT door panels but do have significant differences. I think the 1983 GT and GLX door panels are the best looking door panels for a 1980-1986 black interior conversion without having to convert your doors to work with 1990-1993 door panels. In my opinion I do not like the way 1980-1982 door panels look, but to each their own and they will still work. If you are converting a 1980-1982, than you can stick with 1980-1982 panels or grab some 1983 GT or GLX door panels, or convert to 1990-1993 black door panels. If you are converting a 1983-1986 to black interior, I'd recommend sticking with 1983 GT or GLX door panels.

If you are converting a 1987-1989 to black interior, stick with 1990-1993 door panels. 1990-1993 convertible door panels are different than 1990-1993 coupe/hatch door panels. The inner door felt weatherstripping that runs along the width of the window is longer on convertibles than on hatch/coupes. You can use convertible door panels with a 1987-1993 hatch/coupe, but the door felt weatherstripping and aluminum extention underneath the felt weatherstripping will need to be trimmed; this is very easy to do.

Do note that some Mustangs did not come with power windows and door locks. Some came with power windows but without power door locks and some came without power windows and power doorlocks. If your Mustang has power windows/locks make sure you get door panels for power windows/locks, and vice versa if you don't have power windows/locks. If you find a set of door panels for manual windows/locks and want to use them with your Mustang that has power windows/locks, than you can cut out along the perforations on the back of the manual door panels. In other words, the 1980-1986 door panels were all modified by Ford to work with a Mustang that has power windows/locks, so don't be afraid to modify your manual door panels.

Cargo Cover - provided by Foxchassis on corral.net
    The privacy shade/cargo cover breaks down as follows:
    '80-early '84 (same length as late '84-'86)
    late '84-'86 (same length as '80-early '84)
    '87-'89 (shorter than '80-'86 due to redesigned trim)
    '90-'93 (shorter than '87-'89 due to redesigned trim to accomodate rear shoulder betls)
    '80-early '84 attaches to the underside of the liftgate.
    late '84-'93 attaches to the rear plastic that surrounds the liftgate striker.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Quote Originally Posted by 50 Proof
    Seats
    1979-1983 hatchback rear black seats won't work with 1984-1986 hatchbacks. 1979-1983 rear seat backs are not split folding the way the 1984-1986 rear seats are. The 1979-1982 rear seat back folds down as one piece. The 1984-1986 passenger side and driver side rear seat back both fold down separately from each other. 1990-1993 rear seats won't work on 1979-1989 hatchbacks or coupes unless you upgrade your rear seat mounts to 1990-1993 rear seat mounts. 1979-1983 rear coupe black seats will work on all 1979-1989 coupes. I have 1979-1983 black rear coupe seats in my 1988 coupe, and everything fits great and looks OEM.
    It says in there "The 1979-1982 rear seat back folds down as one piece." It should say "The 1979-1983 rear seat back folds down as one piece."

I have loaded most of the pics of the black items that I have here:
    http://edwardsautoscrapyard.coms.ph/BlackItems.html

Take as many as you need but please just mention my name in it for helping out. Also give some credit to Philly5.0girl for helping me get some of these great looking black pieces.[/b]

Former Fox's

excellent pictures. Thank you for taking those. I'll be sure to reference the pictures I use, to you and Philly5.0girl.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Is there any other black items that you need pics of? I have a lot of black items laying around that are going to go back into the stang. If you need any specifically, just name the item and I will do what I can.

Former Fox's

The article was a trememdous help to me. I am just starting restoring an 84 vert and need all the direction I can find. My main area is trim as the car was a Florida car and the sun has crystalized most of the ABS plastic in and out. Any body that can direct me to rear quater window outer trim (L&R) as well as driver outside rear view morror and passenger head light plastic framing is greatly needed.

Great article.

Garry
    5.0, T5, Edelbrock heads and intake, mild cam, convertable, Holley 650, Roller rockers, Flowmasters, street radials, reliving my youth, fun!!!

are you looking to put black interior into your 84, or restore the original color? for the interior 1/4 panels, on a vert, if you want black, then 83 is you're only true way to go for oem black. 83 was the ONLY year for 4 eyed black interior in a vert. The 83 pieces are slightly different, though and are a two piece 1/4 panel, unlike the 84-89 one piece units. They will go right in, however, and look factory. Also, the 83's didn't have power windows, so you'll have to cut back there for pw's, no biggie. The 90-93 rear 1/4 panels won't work on 83-89 verts. They are completely redesigned for a different seatbelt design. Don't even think about those panels unless you update your seatbelt design too.

the easiest route would be to get good condition 84-89 vert rear 1/4's and use the 50 resto paint and spray them black. that's easiest.

if you're restoring, say grey rear panels, get the 84-86 grey stuff.

as far as seatbelts, you're kinda screwed for black front belts. NOTHING is a direct fit onto fox 83-89 verts, front belt wise for black. So far, the closest i've found is 79-83 black front belts from a notch/hatch/vert. the problem is, that the verts have different mounting angles, and therefore the coupe/hatch belts won't retract right.

I have an unproven theory, that I haven't had time to prove. the 83 verts had front seatbelt brackets (bottom under the rear 1/4 panels on the side of the car where it bolts to the floorpan) these brackets are unique and special to 83. I "believe" obtaining a set of 83 front vert seatbelt brackets will allow the use of black front 79-83 hatch/notch belts. Even the 83 vert belts won't work without those brackets, as they mount at a different angle than the 84-89 brackets. 83 was such a beginning year for verts, that I believe ford used modified hatch/notch belts for that year only and just made a bracket that would allow retraction at the proper angle.

Hope this helps. Ask for more questions.

as for your exterior trim parts, it's gonna be a matter of searching _
    Jeremy

83 vert seat belts are the same as 83 coupe/hatch seat belts. 83 verts have a very specific front seat belt bracket that is different than the 84+ vert seat belt brackets. Jeremy I know you haven't tried the 83 brackets and 83 seat belts in your vert yet but I know it'll work.
    Corey
    1965 Mustang
    2001 True Blue Bullitt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123