Close

FEP Member

Default Convrting from non power to power.

How do I go about switching out my doors from manual to power windows, and locks,and get everything to work, too?

Get Harness for thepower stuff, then for the windows, Grab the motors and the window arms, Drill out the old rivets and rivet the new arms in after installing the motors, Also when you get the motors and such out of another car take a picture or something to see where they are placed... I only changed my manual windows too power, so I dont know what to do about the locks, although I'm sure others will help you out

Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

FEP Member

Actually I am only refering to electrically. I have an 83 Capri with manual windows and locks, and the car has t-tops. Well it needs doors so I went to a swap meet and got a pair of seemingly rust free ttop doors for 30.00. Now I am just trying to figure out how to install them working so I do not have to drive around with windows that do not work. The bad part is I am not sure if they were convertable or ttop doors, that and they are purple.

FEP Member

damn, what a deal! was this a swap meet in dsm? definately give me a call next time, maybe i can find some sweet deals too