Close

Default Dupli-Color Experience???

I've read all the posts about interior paint and how everyone recommends SEM but I was curious about Dupli-Color since most of my local shops sell only this brand.

I'm about to paint my interior and was wondering if anyone had used it? Any known issues with it?

I browsed through their gallery; from what I can see...looks good but ya' never know

Thanks ya'll!!
    Rocko
    ===============
    85 Capri GS 2.3L (Flooded by Katrina)
    Please sign my Guestbook!!>>>
    http://members.cardomain.com/rock007

goose

I'm doing interior reconditioning right now, including new carpet and trim painting. I've used dupli-color on a bunch of stuff and it looks fine. I painted the dash with dupli-color semi gloss black and I'm pleased. I used adhesion promoter on the dash before the paint. I've also painted some plastic trim with the same semi-gloss, and that also looks pretty decent. I can't speak for the durability however. Any painted trim will obviously wear faster over time than dyed trim. One of these days I will get pics up for the project.

-gus

Default Duplicolor products

I have been using their products on plastic and vynals for about 6 months now. I restore many interior pieces than sell them on eBay. This is just like Goose said. Use adheision promotor and very very light coats, the lighter the better. This prevents peeling or flaking. Make sure you scrub down whatever it is that your dying or painted very well with soap and water before spraying it, very well! I also use a low luster clear coat when I'm done for that factory appearence and for added durability . I have done many interior pieces this way and the only difference that I can tell between SEM & Duplicolor is about $6.00 a can. I'm on a budget like so many others.

Tom
    Tom T.

Awesome, I was hoping for replies like these :P Thanks! Did you lightly sand the pieces down also?

-Rocko
    ===============
    85 Capri GS 2.3L (Flooded by Katrina)
    Please sign my Guestbook!!>>>
    http://members.cardomain.com/rock007