Close

beheivjer

Default turbo cross pipe

i need to find a maniford to turbo pipe somewhere for my 79 cobra. any info would be great thanks

FEP Member

Try turboford.org, there may be a few guys on there that have that part.

Jake
    1987 Merkur XR4Ti
    1979 Mustang Cobra, 2.3l, 4 spd; currently in as many pieces as possible.

beheivjer

i tried to register but they did not approve me so i cant post on their forums

FEP Senior Member

They have had some problems with dead accounts on hotmail etc.

I will post on there and forward your request.
    85 Mustang Coupe, 3.3L I6, C4, 8.8 3L23, 17x8 wheels. About 70% towards firing it up.

As far as the approval goes for turboford...it is probably due to your email address(yahoo, hotmail, aol accounts do not work)..or you were missing some info.

Anyway, as far as the pipe goes....you'd be better off to just have one made from 2 1/4-2 1/2" exhaust pipe. Stock ones are hard to find, and they really aren't that desireable. they have a pre-cat converter in them (ie before the turbo ) I wouldn't want one of those things coming apart and then grenading my turbo.

Chuck

are you talking about the discharge pipe from the turbo to the intake?? i have one if you are.....send me a pm aand let me know....
    1986 RS 5.0 Capri
    1985 ASC Mclaren
    1976 Bronco
    1978 Bronco
    2002 7.3L F350 4X4 CC SRW

Quote Originally Posted by crs4ford
    are you talking about the discharge pipe from the turbo to the intake?? i have one if you are.....send me a pm aand let me know....
    No he's talking about the pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold under the enginge to the turbo. The carb turbo set-up is WAY different than the EFI set-up. There is no discharge pipe on the carb cars....the turbo is mounted on the intake manifold under the carb..