Close

Default 18x9's on 80 capri

will a set of mustang bullit 18x9's and 235 40 up front and 245 40's on back clear at stock ride height.... lowered 1.5-2 inches??? any help is appreciated
    Making a Honda fast is like jacking off with sandpaper, you will get the job done but do you really want to do it.

80 Capri rs
    89 Super Coupe
    96 Mark VIII

FEP Senior Member

Wow....

Multiple problems here.

First. You need to make sure of the backspacing on those wheels. They are most likely designed for an SN-95 car which has a wider track than a Fox body. This will cause the wheels to be too close into the bodya nd will rub like heck IF you can get them to fit.

Second. Just to state the obvious, you need to do the 5 lug conversion.

Third. Fitment in the wheel wells is going to extremly tight. Front and rear. The rear might be overcome by rolling the lips on the fenders. The front will be much more difficult to overcome. You might even have to remove the fender mud shields.

If you've already converted to 5-lug... the easiest thing to do is, if possible, try 'em on. If that's not an option, go down to a tire & wheel shop and ask them if you can put an unmounted wheel on. That will at least tell you if the wheel will physically fit.
    --John

One Owner '86 GT - Exhaust, Gears, Basics, otherwise stock.
    NOS - It's an abbrevation, not a word.

well i allready have the 5 lug conversion i knew that allready i believe they have a 27mm backspacing does anyone know what the backspacing i would need is any help is greatly appreciated
    Making a Honda fast is like jacking off with sandpaper, you will get the job done but do you really want to do it.

80 Capri rs
    89 Super Coupe
    96 Mark VIII

Anonymous

I Have 18X9 Bullits on my 83 Vert. I run 245/40/18s on the front, and 275/35/18s on the rear. For the front, I had to use 1/4 inch spacer rings to clear the struts, and for the rear I rolled the fenders, and I don,t run quads (boxed Lowers). BTW, I run ranger rotors on the front, and axels on the rear. Have pics if you need them.

Bullitt

Anonymous

PIcs in the Gallery, finally figured out how to load them.

Bullitt

Not to hi-jack but:

83bullit: What year Ranger front rotors did you use, cuz I heard some of them wouldnt work with the Bullits cuz of dustcap fitment. The rears should be fine I believe. What's the bolt circle size? 4.25 or 4.5?
    1986 SVO: turbo'd fun!
    SOLD:'82 MUSTANG GT: 88' HO, 5-spd, 3.73s, & 17" Borbet Type-A wheels... and other goodies
    RIP: '82 Mecury Capri 5.0 : good times.....
    1969 Chevrolet Chevelle: "the other four eye"

Yeah, I'm running the early 80's ranger rotors up front as well, and very little fits. I had to bang the dustcaps in a little bit to clear my stock 2000 v6 wheels and the hub is too big to even fit my 01 cobras on there.
    2000 V6 - Sold
    '84 GT - Sold
    '83 5.0 Vert GLX - Topless Project Car
    '65 289 - Dad's Toy

Anonymous

Guys,
    I run 85 Ranger rotors, (5x4.5), and pads, stock spindles, and calipers. The only tricky part of the deal is that I had to grind a little of the brake pad frame (not the pad stopping surface) to clear the hub of the rotor. As far as the dust cap goes, I,ve had 17 inch 94-95 Cobra's, and the 18 inch Bullits that are on the car now fit no problem. I did have to space the 18s with the 1/4in ring, but the 17x8 cobras fit without it. Also, its been a while, but I THINK I used the Ranger Bearings as well.

Bullitt

Anonymous

The first part of the above post may be a little confusing. I ment to say that I run 85 Ranger rotors and pads, and Stock Mustang spindles, calipers, etc... Sorry for the mixup.

Bullitt

83 Bullitt, that's the exact setup I'm running. I had to do a little creative grinding on the pads to clear the hub as well. Did you have any problems with getting the nut to thread up far enough on the spindle to get the cotter pin in? Mine was VERY close. I'll have to give some other factory ford wheels a shot then. I'd like to find some of the "spring feature" 99/2000 GT wheels.
    2000 V6 - Sold
    '84 GT - Sold
    '83 5.0 Vert GLX - Topless Project Car
    '65 289 - Dad's Toy

Anonymous

No, I don't recall having a prob getting the cotter pin in, but as you know, alot of this Ford stuff that is supposed to be the same is not. I work in the Automotive Supplier Industry, and we have tolerences for our parts, not to mention model year changes, screwups we try to hide, etc... you get the pic!

Bullitt

P/S you guys have a GREAT FORUM!!!

sweet theonlyquestion i have is what is the 1/4inch ringyou are talking about??? i am really interested in putting the bullitson my capri

80 Capri rs
    89 Super Coupe
    96 Mark VIII

that is one badass looking vert..... I would love to see a Capri with bullitts on it.
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune