Close

Thread: 1986 cousins

FEP Power Member

Default 1986 cousins

Couple of pics of my Turbo Coupe and Tim's (ITdude87) GT from a local Ford show a couple of weeks ago. Maybe Tim has some more pics?
    Name:  COOP1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  441.5 KBName:  COOP2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  488.4 KB
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

I've got a few! I'll get em' posted shortly.

This is what it's all about right here. The Bird and the Stang look mean next to one another in the same colors.
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

"YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

A perfect pair! LOVE looking at pics like this and these 2 go great together! Thanks for sharing, guys!!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Looks great, guys! Nice pics!
    Thomas
    1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, ATS Brembo/Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Other Rides - 2004 F-150 (Daily), 2011 Explorer Limited (Wife's), 1994 Lightning #2522 (Caretaker)

Sweeeeet!

Mike

The thundebird looks amazing. Family had a red one like that in 5.0 flavor, 86 as well...minus all the cool goodies you have on there. Nice car.

Cool pics guys. Both of your cars are looking real good!
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Thanks for posting the pics. Both cars look great. Nice personalized plates on both of them in the first pic ITdude87 posted.

FEP Supporter

Looking good fellerz!
    '85 GT

Both look nice. We found a cougar with the same paint as the 80 capri but it disappeared before we could get pics.

Are they actually the same paint code? In some pics, the Stang looks a shade darker and in other pics the Tbird does.... I assume it's just how the light is hitting them. Either way, that's a cool looking combo.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

FEP Power Member

I keep thinking they are the same but not sure? Mine is 2M, Med. Canyon red clearcoat metallic according to the Marti report.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

2A Medium Canyon Red here - Though I believe it’s single stage, not clear coat which might explain the subtle difference.

It’s a weird color that’s grown on me quite a bit. It likes to change vibes and shades depending on lighting.
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

That's interesting. The 1986 Mustang brochure shows the Medium Canyon Red Metallic as only being available on LX models... not on GT or SVO trims.

I’ve seen that too. Marti report and tags all check out though.
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

Gotcha. Not surprising.... there are many things Ford did in those days that don't match what they indicated in one place or another.

Here's the page in question:

My car has the sport seats, 10-holes, remote fuel door, GT trim molding and decals, fog lights, GT dash bezel, etc... Must be a typo in the brochure.
    Last edited by ITdude87; 07-02-2024 at 08:14 PM.
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

Edit.
    Last edited by ITdude87; 07-02-2024 at 08:14 PM.
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"