Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jazzcat2001

did you use the part that attached to the rear of the seat? the carpet on the hatchbacks had a mounting thingy

FEP Senior Member

the hatch seats arent wide enough by 2inches maybe it looks awkward kinda
    1973 Mustang Sportroof 5.8C
    1974 IH 1010 6.4L
    1983 Crimson Cat 5.0L
    1985 LTD LX 5.0L
    1986 SVO 2.3T
    1989 Mustang Coupe 5.0L

Quote Originally Posted by sleepercoupe
    the hatch seats arent wide enough by 2inches maybe it looks awkward kinda
    Yup. I've already addressed that issue, carpet or something will be needed to cover th gaps

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat2001
    did you use the part that attached to the rear of the seat? the carpet on the hatchbacks had a mounting thingy
    Yup, used evrything except the side brackets, When the seats are installed/ folded down, just stretch the carpet into the trunk and screw it down using the original screws . And I am home now so I'll get the pictures in my gallery and posted in this thread for you viewing pleasure Jazz! I'll post 5 or so, just email me if you want more.

EDIT

Okay sorry Jazz but I formatted my computer a week or two ago, and now cant seem to find my seat proceedure pictures, well, there are some, but none of any use, or any finished product pictures, I can take some FP pictures tomorrow if you like or send you what ive got, but it's not much.. either way let me know, im always glad to help.

Calon
    Calon

1985 LX Notchback (Project)
    1995 Mustang GT (In For Color Change)

Interesting thread for me..I have a 91 hatchback interior for my 86 convertible. It had never occured to me to try and mount the seat backs as is...I always had the idea in mind to strip the covers off the fold down seats and sew the 2 sides together somehow to fit over my original seat frame

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12