Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 79ish build

FEP Power Member

Simple it is but I had to do a bunch of adjusting on my Capri, pushed the hood forward & up in the back.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

wee little preview....

I've been working hard - I've been about 80% done for the last few months... and that last 20% is like the wife nagging in your ear every six months to build that damn birdhouse she was always asking for.... She doesn't even like birds.
    anywhoo.... It's been a lot of fiddle farting around... I've had to make some concessions... and adjustments - so it's not going to be "perfect"... but it's going to be closer than it was over the last 4 years.... sitting.. collecting dust... car covers... constant fear of mice... the dread of wiring... Did I mention.......? Nevermind....

https://youtu.be/HKgQQHgeHgI?si=JhxvYOC2DbXAIBmb

apparently I'm dumb as paste... or ate one too many lead chips or something... Cause I can't figure out how to embed a video on this forum...
    wait.... my cousin's, sister's, mom's daughter was lookin' mighty cute...

It sounds great!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by 79PaceCar View Post
    apparently I'm dumb as paste... or ate one too many lead chips or something... Cause I can't figure out how to embed a video on this forum....
    Yeah....no....I wouldn't stress that. The forum is built on toothpicks and Duplo blocks at this point.

Car sounds good!
    "YEP, SITE'S BROKE"

FEP Supporter

lumpa lumpa lumpa lumpa

NICE!
    '85 GT

the bit of a tinny ticking muscle car sound makes the pipe pulse notes sound 'clean and healthy'.
    Straight thru and quiet. Bit of header like rap.

Sounds good!
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

so... lets talk about the paint shop debacle... I contacted a local shop to me - as no one really wants to do piece work these days - it's all insurance stuff apparently.

anyhoo - I gave them the pace car upper and lower bumper - to sand, prime and paint. This guy has done work for me in the past - and it's never really been stellar - but when it's the only shop available - your options are limited... I guess.

I knew the guy was busy, but I asked for a timeline at the start - and he said... " a couple of weeks" I gave him a couple of weeks, checked in... and again it was " a couple of weeks"
    2 and a half months later....
    I stopped in on a friday - and my bumper was finally in the booth - tells me that it's going to be ready for monday.
    stop in on monday - giddy like a school girl, I'd blown the old 83 bumper off the car, stripped it down, prepped to install the 79

It was a disaster. Overspray, dry spray, runs everywhere - he didn't even have the fender spats done or ready.
    the back of the bumper had loose dirt on it - which also ended up in the paint.... fisheyes... the whole nine yards.
    This SOB then had the nerve to demand 2500 dollars for the "adequate" paint job - as he described it.
    He did not get it.

I didn't take photo's of all the crap... simply, because I don't want to deal with it right now.... I don't want to know it exists. Talk about disappointment. Dude then had the nerve to tell me he was going to take my fender spats out and back and crush them.... I told him that if he did, I would be just as polite and I was going to flatten him.

Suffice to say, I got my parts back, and despite being heavily annoyed and rather pissed - I opted to walk away. He didn't get paid his demanded amount - there was no contract or invoice for the subpar work that he did. I'm just annoyed at the fact that I have to pay someone else now to redo the work.... but that can wait till next summer.

I want to get my tuning done, and drive the car a bit for this season first.

I also got my louvers installed.... not that I mean to throw any more shade on the situation.

FEP Power Member

$2500 for a bumper? That is crazy, sorry about your dealings with this dude.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Man, that sucks. Hopefully things start looking up for you!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Currently struggling with an atrocious RFI issue with the car - I've been laying in grounding straps, ferrite, trimming and shielding wires everywhere - I'm soon ready to wrap my sniper carb in foil.... wait, by car can be renamed conspiracy theory!!!
    So.. yeah, I'm struggling against the 5G radio frequency, elon's mind control chips and that ever so dreaded wiiiffeees

I'm hoping to have it up and on the road shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12