Close

Default OEM Alternator/Charging Harness Connectors Availability

Is there anywhere that these are available or are reproduced?

Im talking specifically about either of the styled male or female ends of the 3 pin half round plug connectors located at the end of the alternator charging harness or on the body end of the wiring the harness plugs into.
    Ive searched around and found nothing but similar looking style connectors, like the 3 pin denso alternator connectors which are a full circle plug connectors, but not the proper same half circle solid shape connectors.
    The duraspark ignition connectors "appear" similar but arent the same and probably wont work.

FEP Power Member

I believe Ron Francis makes he harness but its pretty pricey. I have used the ignition connector on my 74 but the wire is a much smaller gauge. I got the ignition distributor pickup on Rockauto for like $13. The only other option is to go with the flat connector as used on the earlier cars. I have not seen the round connector in the Motorcraft connector catalog.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I see the ron francis wire harnesses but not the ones with that type of connector on them, i checked maybe he used to but doesnt anymore. I dont see it on the bigger harnesses they make either.
    In the motorcraft catalog i can find the similar looking ignition connector(both 3 and 4 wire ones) but only the female ends and with small gauge wires.
    Its weird how i see the most obscure things getting reproduced these cars yet every fox basically has these connectors and given the reputation of them getting damaged im surprised they arent made by anybody. I can see from some of the junkyard harness i picked up for spares that there are differences in how they are wired but still use those same connectors.