Close

Default hydraulic clutch query

So I've gone through so many clutch cables that it's silly. I've got a friend with a Capri that's disabled and is about to sell his car because he can't work the clutch. I've though about going hydraulic myself but the kits are really pricy. Does anyone have a setup that can be put together, or a kit that's sub $500? I appreciate your help

I am currently looking into a hydraulic setup for a t5 swap in a buddy's 66 coupe. While not directly related to your question, it seems like one of the kits I found would work with very little modification. It uses an externally mounted cylinder that attaches to the clutch fork. Price was very reasonable. I'll see if I can find it.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

https://www.dazecars.com/dazed/Test6T5.html
    This is the kit I was referring to. They will sell individual parts, so you don't necessarily have to buy an entire kit just to get parts to modify for your project. I realize this site is for early mustangs, but other than attaching to the clutch pedal, it should be a direct fit. Having said that, the clutch pedal situation may be a deal breaker for you. I would call them and ask if they've ever dealt with using the kit on a fox. If not, it might be a good opportunity for them to expand their market.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

One more side note here. I never really understood why so many people have issues with the cable. I've been messing with these cars since the early 90's and I've never broken a clutch cable. I've only replaced a few, and that was only because they looked worn or were stretched. I do understand the heavy pedal with aftermarket/performance clutches, so that part makes sense. I also have mostly steered clear of long tubes and I'm pretty careful about routing the cables properly.
    This post wasn't aimed as a response to the original post, but just a general take on the subject. I may just have been lucky up to this point. Next year, I very well may be snapping cables left and right!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

Have a Pioneer brand in my car. Must be 20 years old. Stock turbo hd clutch.
    Have a new spare under ft seat. Factory one broke at the clutch fork end.

I looked into one and there is a company that makes them... Don't remember who, but let me do some looking around....