Close

Thread: Fender removal

Default Fender removal

I need to pull the driver side fender off to replace the lower door hinge on my driver door. Car is a 4-door Granada, 1981.
    Are there any bolts/screws in the front clip? I see the line of bolts under the hood, in the door jamb, and the two under the car. If I pull those can I pop the fender off or do I need to remove the headlight buckets/grill?
    Thanks in advance!
    I have lots of mechanical experience, but not much body related.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

On my car there are bolts behind the buckets.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Darn. Appreciate that! Looks like it will all come apart.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"