Close

Default 82 Capri Tailpipe Hangers

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of putting my exhaust on my car. When I bought the car it didn't come with the original exhaust so I've gone ahead and put a dual exhaust on my car. Everything is pretty much up and in place except for the tailpipes. I know on the passenger side I have to drill and tap my own hole for the tailpipe hanger. The driver side I have utilized the original hanger location. When I put the driver side tailpipe on, I noticed my hangers do not align. The hanger on the tailpipe is about 2" back towards the bumper from the hanger on the frame. Tailpipe seems to be sitting in the correct location though.

My question is, has anyone utilized the original driver side hanger location and been fine? Do I need to drill and tap the driver side as well? For context the exhaust I'm putting on came off a fox, so fitment should be correct.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

When i put my duals in i think i had to drill holes on both sides. But i have a Zephyr which might be different
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

How close are you to the rear soft brake line where it attaches on the pass side axle housing??

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    How close are you to the rear soft brake line where it attaches on the pass side axle housing??
    Too close. Definitely going to reroute the brake line and do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Ratt2 View Post
    Too close. Definitely going to reroute the brake line and do it properly.

Darn, new to these cars and AFTER running new SS brake lines I found out about this " to do " for dual exhausts.... time to order up the new llines..

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    Darn, new to these cars and AFTER running new SS brake lines I found out about this " to do " for dual exhausts.... time to order up the new llines..
    Don't worry, I'm also new to these cars. Previous owner did the same thing as you. New lines were installed but I'll be taking them out.