Close

Default Fitech fuel injection

I have been kicking around the idea of installing a Fitech 30006 fuel injection unit on my 1985 Capri with the thought of installing a turbo or centrifugal supercharger down the road. My concern/question is fuel delivery. I don't want to run a frame mounted electric fuel pump and don't think there is enough room under hood for Fitechs Force fuel system. My question is can I use an in tank electric pump in my stock tank because some 85s were offered with fuel injection (automatic cars). My Capri already has the return line back to the tank so I assume I can use that for this set up. I'm old school and originally bought this car because it was carbed and not fuel injected which back in the day we were afraid of so any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. My current setup is a Street Demon 625 carb which I really like but my idle and afr always seem to change from startup to startup which makes driving it more of a chore and less enjoyable. If it looks like this route is too much of a pain, I'll probably stick with the carb and either replace it or rebuild it.

If that Demon happens to have primary idle feed restrictions that are in the up-high location (most do), relocating them to the traditional Holley down-low location (and shrinking their size to 0.026"... though dependent on camshaft intake duration @ 0.050") where they always were in the old school Holleys, normally cures fluctuations in idle and afr... as well as rework, like other Holley clones need, to behave properly, efficiently, and powerfully...

First, a listing of Road (Street?) Demons and specs:

Assuming the green 625 above, I'd make calibration changes as follows, based on throat and bore sizes:
    - PRI-HSB/SEC-HSB.................. 0.028"/0.025"
    - EMULSION HOLE #1............... 0.028" (more on this below)
    - EMULSION HOLE #2............... BLANK (blocked, more on this below)
    - EMULSION HOLE #3............... 0.028" (more on this below)
    - EMULSION HOLE #4............... BLANK (blocked, more on this below)
    - EMULSION HOLE #5 ?............. BLANK (blocked, more on this below)
    - PRI-PVCR.............................. 0.046"
    - PRI-IFR/SEC-IFR.................... 0.026" DOWN LOW / 0.040" UP HIGH is fine in secondaries (more on this below)
    - PMJ...................................... #65 or #66
    - SMJ...................................... #76 (careful here - tune for safe rich (~12.5:1) WOT AFR)

(whichever "emulsion" bleed is vertically at about the location of the bottom of the accelerator pump passage hole, as shown above, should be our upper, #1, and whichever is about 7/16" below that, is what's used for lowers - all others, blocked)

Just my opinion. Best of luck with it. Any questions, shoot
    Last edited by Walking-Tall; 06-28-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

I run a small carb electric pump to my ForceFuel unit. Planning to install it in the trunk when the next motor goes in and get it out from under my hood. Some even mount it behind the inner fender. It isn't too big as it holds about 1/2 gallon is all.
    But, you can use any pump that has appropriate pressure/volume ad excess fuel is returned to the tank anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"