Close

Default Factory dual snorkel air cleaner fitment

Hey there. About to swap out my holley 650 for a summit 600 carb. I was previously running my factory snokel style air cleaner. Wondering if anyone has experience with the summit 600 with the factory air cleaner regarding fitment. Hoping i can keep the factory style. Its an 85 capri 5.0. Edelbrock rpm performer intake. Thanks

It should fit fine as it is a standard size carb as far as base and top mounting. I used mine with an Avenger 570.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I installed the summit 500 cfm 4 barrell on my 83,, I have dry fit the stock dual snorkel AC on it and it seems to fit nice and snug...
    This carb looks taller than the stock holley, but I measured it and its the same height..... By all of my measurements there should be NO hood clearance problems, but I have not installed my hood yet.....

Have you used the carb sizing need computation?? Mine showed a max of 477 CFM needed at 5500 rpm....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bentley; 06-13-2023 at 04:11 PM.

Yeah, most people over-carb. The stock unit was rated for under 600 cfm if memory serves, and was plenty for even mild mods

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"