I have an 84 LS convertible. I got it back in 2013 and as soon as I got it the first thing I did was to replace the entire front end and suspension with mostly all Moog parts. I also dumped the original TRX rims and got 10 hole rims and a set of Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring tires. I also updated the alignment with a high performance camber caster kit.

Jump 10 years forward and I have replaced the front tires on pro rate 3 times and the rears once. The Coopers gave a nice ride but I felt they wore too fast. I just noticed that my passenger front tire wore uneven. Since I only put at most maybe 500 to 750 miles a year on this car it wasn't something I noticed till now. I also see the other 3 tires are pretty worn, although I could get one more summer out of them I'm not going to.

I had the LX aligned at Mavis after all the front end parts and the camber/caster kit was in. I remember the tech at Mavis had a terrible time working with the camber caster kit and it took him a long time with the alignment. Since the car always tracked straight I never noticed anything askew. So I have to get it aligned again. I think I can assume the Moog parts are all still solid. But as for tires, I'm thinking Pirellis this time. I put Pirelli's on my Suburban and I love the ride.

When I put the Coopers on my LX I went with 195/60r15 in the front and 225/60r15 in the rear.

As for Pirelli's Their comparable tire is the Pirelli P4 Persist AS Plus All Season. It comes in 195/60r15 only. There's no wider tire to fit a 15 inch rim in the Pirelli catalogue.

Does anyone have suggestions for a tire better than Coopers?