Close

Default Fuel line routing questions..

Here are two pics of my rubber fuel lines from the body line to the mechanical fuel pump....
    You can see the feed line attaches to the first bracket but after that it seems as if I am missing another bracket?? Is there another " bracket" to hold the fuel line(s)?
    Any help here?? Thank you
    Name:  DSCF1342.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  231.1 KBName:  DSCF1343.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  218.6 KB
    Last edited by Bentley; 05-11-2023 at 06:25 PM.

FEP Senior Member

that's what the bracket looks like on my carb'ed 85.

Quote Originally Posted by bob85gt View Post
    that's what the bracket looks like on my carb'ed 85.
    So nothing else between it and where the lines attach to the fuel pump??

That's also what my bracket looks like.

One thing, (although I don't see where it would make much, if any, of a difference), is where you have the zip tie forward of the bracket, the factory zip tie has a leg coming off it that attaches to the hole above your zip tie. Tried to attach a pic, but I've yet to be able to that on this site. No idea why.

I'll need to take another look to see if there is anything else between that bracket and the pump. Don't recall noticing anything, but wasn't looking there either.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    So nothing else between it and where the lines attach to the fuel pump??
    Nope, nothing else between that bracket and the pump.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

That might be what that bolt is for thats started in the frame just a few inches in front of that last zip tie and then up a couple of inches in the lower pic.... See it?
    Been wondering about that.... I usually reinstall bolts to remember where they go after I remove something, then remove them to clean em up when reinstalling the part.... I bet this is where it goes.... A pic of the zip tie with the leg in it...

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    Tried to attach a pic, but I've yet to be able to that on this site. No idea why.
    So did I, but I figured it out, and if I can ANYBODY can....
    you need to limit your pic size to 1600 X 1200 for this site.... I thought you had to do this with your camera ( yes I use a camera as I do not have a smart phone)
    But you can do this on your computer..... Please have patience wth my " wording" of some computer terms...
    click on your window symbol that is at the bottom left of your screen....
    It brings up areas to go to... Mine has some squares on the screen.. I then click on " Photos square" and it brings up all of my photos... Scroll to the photo you want..
    when you click on a particular photo it will expand to your full screen size with some " buttons" on top.... To the right side of the " buttons" in the CENTER at the top of your screen, go to the 3 dots then click on it... It brings up a window, scroll down and click on " Resize Image"
    It will bring up a screen with the size of your picture, mine showed something like 2635 X 1834.......
    I click behind the first number then backspace to clear that first box.... I then type in 1600 and 1200 automatically comes up in the second box...
    I then have a separate folder for the "Sized" pictures for this site and I " save " these" to that folder......

I use a digital camera then download them to my PC.... Not sure how people do this on their phones... I think using that little screen on a phone sucks personally...... So thats it.....

That might be what that bolt is for thats started in the frame just a few inches in front of that last zip tie and then up a couple of inches in the lower pic.... See it?
    Been wondering about that.... I usually reinstall bolts to remember where they go after I remove something, then remove them to clean em up when reinstalling the part.... I bet this is where it goes.... A pic of the zip tie with the leg in it...
    Yea, I see it. No, that's not what that bolt is for. Your zip tie is in the right location....the leg coming off it just has a pin that presses into that hole directly above.... no bolt involved. I'll take a look, hopefully tomorrow, (my car's not at my house....it's garaged at another house) and let you know exactly what that bolt is for, assuming my 85 has it. My pics of the gas line bracket don't quite show that bolt area. Just guessing, but it's not for the clutch cable bracket, is it?

So did I, but I figured it out, and if I can ANYBODY can....
    ... I think using that little screen on a phone sucks personally...... So thats it.....
    Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. That's probably it.

Here's the (resized, thanks to you!) fuel line pic....
    Name:  FuelLine-resized.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  247.2 KB

Also, I wanted to correct myself, as you can see, it's actually not a zip tie. It's more of just a plastic loop that is attached at the hole above where your zip tie is.
    Last edited by 85GTGuy; 05-18-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Neat, I can look through my boxes for it......
    Did you happen to see what that bolt does from my lower pic?

Neat, I can look through my boxes for it......
    Did you happen to see what that bolt does from my lower pic?
    Yes I did.... that bolt is for the clutch cable bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    Yes I did.... that bolt is for the clutch cable bracket.
    Bingo... that makes sense, I have a MM cable kit that does not bolt up to the stock bracket....
    thank you so much.... I will sleep better tonight.....

Haha.... you're welcome. One less thing to worry about!

Glad I could be of some assistance.

me - "I helped Bentley with his Fox rebuild."
    joeblow - "Really, what'd you do?"
    me - "I helped him with that one self-tapping screw in the engine compartment!"
    joeblow - "Okaaayyy"
    me - "And improved his sleep quality"
    joeblow - "That guy's "

I grew up with a friend who became one of the best mechanics I know of.. He opened his own shop ( behind his country home) so I was there alot. He was the kind of Mechanic that the snap on guy must of loved, as he had all of the neat tools and equipment needed to fix old and new cars.. He is very anal retentive so I ended up being somewhat like him in that I believe you do the job right the first time........ So when something isnt' right it bothers me....

When this car was given to my son years ago, some of the " take apart" started over 13 years ago.... So its amazing that I have found 98% of the parts as it is......
    Last edited by Bentley; 05-20-2023 at 10:44 AM.