Close

Default 2.3L Turbo Oil Cooler Hoses

I was trying to paint my oil cooler amoung other things last night(which came out terribly) since i had access to it and ran across an issue, the oil cooler hoses arent in great shape. The ends were compressed to paper thin with tears and the clamps are ancient and suspect. I had some 5/8 heater hose around but it dont fit real well being a hose and not moulded, id rather do it right with the right moulded hoses.
    I want to replace them now since i wont have as easy a time doing it now with everything out of the way.

Are you looking for part #'s? This thread is old but I think it is still current: https://www.svocop.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=hoses
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Yes since mine were unreadable. I saw some hoses that say they are for oil coolers but they are smooth looking and mine have like a bumpy texture to them. I dont know if that matters or not.
    If i can find oem motorcraft ones that would be king but as long as they physically fit ill just be happy with anything new.

"E5ZZ--18472-A Engine Oil Cooler Inlet & Outlet"

E"5"ZZ, Thats the part number for an 84 svo as well?
    I hope the tubes are the same on the gt turbo and the svo then.

I saw this thread mentioned there http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ht=Gates+19190

Guess i shouldve searched here first before i posted a thread.
    Last edited by 1984GTTurboVert; 05-07-2023 at 07:14 PM.

Posting a image for comparison to the replacement hoses i bought.
    Just to note these had ford part stickers on them with the e5 part numbers mentioned earlier in thread.
    Had to trim the ends to install, the ones that came off look like they didnt need to have that done to install them.

Last edited by 1984GTTurboVert; 07-14-2023 at 11:16 PM.