Close

Default Radiator Fan Mounting Hardware

Hopefully not a silly question but does anybody know the size/type of hardware used to mount the electric radiator fans on 2.3l cars, or where I can find them?
    I pulled my radiator out yesterday to get ready to replace it and everything attached to it and reinstall a factory 2.3l radiator fan in place of the aftermarket one it came with and I have nothing to mount it to and can't find a pic or description of what hardware bolts it on. There isn't anything left on the radiator from it I believe this one was a replacement one in the past.
    I could use literally anything but I'm trying to put it back to original, so to speak, so I'd like to mount it like it would've been with the parts it would've been.

FEP Power Member

Let me see if I can get some photos.

The Ford MPC shows the bolt as N602728-S2 or AB-311-F. The Standard Parts Catalog says its M6x1.0-20 Its a hex head bolt with a
    washer. I can't tell if its a fixed or floating washer. Kind of like a fender bolt but a smaller washer. I also see it used on 2005-2007 someplace.
    Last edited by KevinK; 05-01-2023 at 10:47 AM.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Don't know if this is gonna work, but here's an exploded drawing of the cooling system...

1984 2.3L Cooling System.pdf
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Thanks for the replies.
    I found some hardware at work in this size so if i cant find oem atleast itll be the right size.

FEP Power Member

I have some pictures of the original hardware I can email you. It looks just like the bolt holding the grill bracket to the radiator support. Maybe a little shorter. 8 mm wrench fits the bolt head.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Quote Originally Posted by 1984GTTurboVert View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I found some hardware at work in this size so if i cant find oem atleast itll be the right size.
    Let me know if you can't find any of those oem bolts. I have some oem bolts that are extremely close (same thread, same head, same washer, but 2mm longer) to what KevinK says you need. I had to buy a quantity of them (that was the only way they were available) and I wouldn't mind parting with a few to help out a fellow four-eye'r.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)