Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    Another request here... Which lower valve cover holes do the studs go into that hold the plastic wire clips..... Cleaned mine up today, seems as if I have 5 of them...
    thanks....
    There is a pic here that may provide some help to ya....

https://www.npdlink.com/product/sepa...0000%26year%3D

Looks like there are 4 separators on valve cover studs and 2 more just attached to the wires only.

And for future reference, in case anybody needs the studs, here they are as part of an OE style valve cover bolt kit....

https://www.npdlink.com/product/oe-s...0000%26year%3D
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    There is a pic here that may provide some help to ya....

https://www.npdlink.com/product/sepa...0000%26year%3D

Looks like there are 4 separators on valve cover studs and 2 more just attached to the wires only.

And for future reference, in case anybody needs the studs, here they are as part of an OE style valve cover bolt kit....

https://www.npdlink.com/product/oe-s...0000%26year%3D
    as always thanks.... that helped, but the first two show attached somewhere on the front of the heads?? I just checked out my engine and I could not see where they attached?

Edit... I think I see my error... The first two clips on each side do not attach to anything, they just sort the wires.....
    Last edited by Bentley; 05-04-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Exactly, regarding the two separators closest to the distributor.

Also note that of the 6 total separators, there are two 2-wire separators, only one 3-wire separator and three 4-wire separators.
    Last edited by 85GTGuy; 05-05-2023 at 10:12 AM.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

So here is a little update from the Bentley house.....
    This is the " twist cap" I was speaking of with the new rubber grommet ( LMR supplied) and the new 90 degree angled connector ( Summit supplied) for the fresh air intake for the PCV system... This one goes on the Pass side towards the back and attaches to the Air cleaner......
    Both of the metal "twist caps" are the same size but the rubber grommets have a different inside diameter as the Angled connector is sized different from the PCV rubber grommet, that goes on the drivers side, which also acts as the Oil fill.......
    LMR has both sizes of rubber grommet..... Hope this helps any others out there and thanks for the help from others, to get me here...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks good. Wish I had the brains to keep my original cap.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    Looks good. Wish I had the brains to keep my original cap.
    If I understand it correctly, the newer cars came with a rubber " twiston" cap that works the same way.... I want to think that would be an OK way to do this for the pass side intake like mine above......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12