Close

Default Greetings from Michigan

Howdy, all. Glad to be here. I don't currently own a four-eye, but I'm semi in the market. Will be fully ready to buy once I sell my Porsche Boxster. I'm not new to Mustangs, I've had two 89s, two SN95s and an S197. But, as an older guy (52), the four-eye cars have always appealed to me. The fact that they are getting harder to find in decent shape, especially here in the land of rust and salt, makes them even rarer and cooler in my eyes.

Anyhow, I'm here to read and learn. Thanks for having me!

Tom
    Last edited by tspangle; 04-19-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Welcome. And good luck on finding a yourself a four-eye.... they are getting rarer, especially a decent one. People price them like they're made out of gold, even the clapped out ones.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by tspangle View Post
    Howdy, all. Glad to be here. I don't currently own a four-eye, but I'm semi in the market. Will be fully ready to buy once I sell my Porsche Boxster. I'm not new to Mustangs, I've had two 89s, two SN95s and an S197. But, as an older guy (52), the four-eye cars have always appealed to me. The fact that they are getting harder to find in decent shape, especially here in the land of rust and salt, makes them even rarer and cooler in my eyes.

Anyhow, I'm hear to read and learn. Thanks for having me!

Tom
    Hey Tom! Good luck on your search. They are out there, but decently clean ones are definitely a diamond in the rough around these parts.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

I’m interested in hearing about your Boxter, feel free to drop me a PM
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Same! Post pics when you get a chance. Not many Fox/Porsche collectors on here

Thanks! I wouldn't call myself a collector, just someone who has bounced around to different cars in his life. Had a few BMWs, a Camaro, a GTO, Miata, and several Porsches including this Boxster. And, of course, the Mustangs. I even road raced a 1980 Ford Fiesta back in the 90s.

Anyhow, here's the Boxster:
    Name:  20200808_184110_sm.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  308.8 KB

I've done a bunch of maintenance on it since I bought it 3 years ago, but it keeps throwing expensive curveballs at me, so I'm ready to move back into something a bit more familiar, with cheaper parts.

Welcome TO FEP, good luck with the search. Hopefully you find one soon.

Welcome! Always nice to see a fresh face
    1980 Mustang Ghia 3.3 4spd

FEP Power Member

Welcome, what part of Michigan are you from?
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN50 View Post
    Welcome, what part of Michigan are you from?
    I'm in Brighton, but I've spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. My mom is originally from Muskegon and I still have some family there.

FEP User

Welcome , good luck on your search