Close

Default 86 SVO white comp prep

Don't know much about these...but it appears clean, straight, and in good condition...plus it's white. It also looks like the correct dark charcoal accents. It's local to me here in H-town and hopefully been here in south Texas most of it's life, which would be a plus...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...c-7946d7da01a7
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

This particular car has had an interesting life. Tried to buy it from Casey back in 2015.

It sold new in CA, spent time in TN and OH, before Casey took it to CA. Then on to MN, before ending up in TX.

That is strong money for a car with no engine.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    This particular car has had an interesting life. Tried to buy it from Casey back in 2015.

It sold new in CA, spent time in TN and OH, before Casey took it to CA. Then on to MN, before ending up in TX.

That is strong money for a car with no engine.
    I agree it's a bit steep money wise...but it does appear in good condition. It does say OBO, so I thought someone who's in the know on these might take a look to get this one back to where it needs to be. It sounds like he has all the parts covered and it will just need assembly. Don't know much about these, but from looking at your signature I am betting you do. It does seem odd to me the engine would be where it is at that mileage, and being it's a comp prep it may affect it's value.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Loved Esco's SVO in White, but generally don't like White on them, a White SVO would be a non-starter to me. The perfect SVO's are Graphite Gray, Blk, or Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Don't know much about these...but it appears clean, straight, and in good condition...plus it's white. It also looks like the correct dark charcoal accents. It's local to me here in H-town and hopefully been here in south Texas most of it's life, which would be a plus...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...c-7946d7da01a7
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 03-31-2023 at 11:08 AM. Reason: sp.

Someone prob ran too much boost and blew it up.
    Good luck finding another engine. Or is it included? Better be at that price. New ball joints too.
    White is a little plain shows body design and rust well, interior would stay cooler than dark paint.
    Repaint would be simpler when the time came.

I think I’m in the minority when I say white is one of the better looking colors for SVO’s. Would look real sharp with the charcoal and some window tint. That said, I wouldn’t buy it regardless of what special package or trim is has. No engine, no deal. That would be a treasure hunt for every little piece you’d need to finish it properly.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

15,000 in 1986 dollars is 42,000 in 2023 dollars.
    15,000 in 2023 dollars is 5600 in 1986 dollars.
    3-5k to get a reman 2.3T EFI engine and parts to run correctly again.
    Driver door replacement molding.
    Might be worth spending 10g for it if all else is decent and need an SVO.
    Explains why a V8 and matching trans would be a faster option as time goes on?
    It aint right, can drive car until a future engine change out.
    Either choice bet the car sits for another 5-10 years unless parts are on hand soon.
    Last edited by gr79; 04-01-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    I think I’m in the minority when I say white is one of the better looking colors for SVO’s.
    I agree, I like the overall look of my 9L over my 2R.

I haven't reached out to the owner, but I do remember he posted previously about value of the car without the motor. I have an original '86 engine and trans available, but I would prefer the original if not damaged beyond repair. Again, strong money for a non-running car. The rest of the car would have to be super nice at that price.
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

There maybe more to the story. Sounds like all parts are coming with this car, just not assembled.

"The car is sold as a project due to the engine is pulled out at the machine shop due to a head gasket. New JE pistons are on the way. Turbo already rebuilt at 3rd Coast Turbos. Many extra parts."

My thing is if it's only a head gasket why would you pull the engine out to change the head gasket ?
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

To check engine for more damage. Like i said may have blown it up or hurt a piston, block check or machining, change out bearings.
    Have run 10# over boost once and did a 7200 shift once on mine (79T). No damage. 2.3 SOHC Lima engines are pretty tough.
    Best to be on the safe side with an old engine that is not that easy to find in a pinch like they once were.
    Including new pistons and turbo is a big plus allowing engine to be reassembled and documented to a new owners specs.