Close

Threaded View

Default Building the 347 for the Granada.

Disclaimer: I'm not an ASE mechanic. I'm not perfect. I'm 'normal' in many ways. Bizarre in others. Lol This is how I've done motors in the past and all has been well. With careful attention a back-yarder can do this, too. This isn't my first motor build, but again, not a professional.

So just for fun I'm gonna relate my building of the 347 for the Granada. Got a call from the machine shop today that my block is ready. Picking it up Monday. So... No pics yet. No news. Probably should have waited until next week to start this (lol). Block is a later model roller cam block.

Having a cam custom ground. Will share specs soon.

It will be a 28oz balance.

Current motor runs perfect, has 8k on it. But, it's an older (1970) block so hydraulic flat tappet and 2-piece rear main.

Here is the car and current motor.

Also planning to put the battery in the trunk and move all the relays there. To keep them cooler.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 04-26-2023 at 05:20 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"