Close

Question Spam Posts by Existing Users?

Admin & Mods,

I've noticed a couple posts now from existing and maybe inactive users with the same links to what appears to be some crypto thing. I did not click on the links so not exactly sure what they are. Not sure what going on here (hacking accounts?), but wanted to make sure you were aware. Seemed strange to me.

First one I noticed a few days ago was here by user CanyonGT:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=1#post1950226

The second was yesterday by user MOOSH:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...=1#post1950281
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

If you see spam posts, report them. We'll remove them. This could have been something as simple as these users having weak passwords and they were guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    If you see spam posts, report them. We'll remove them. This could have been something as simple as these users having weak passwords and they were guessed.
    Or they reused them across sites that were hacked so they worked here.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Thanks Foxchassis, I forgot about the report post button. Will remember that for next time. I just thought it was odd for a spam post to come from an existing member, then again from another member with links to same spam junk. Usually when I see spam posts it's from new users. I'm not sure when those hacked users were last active, but was concerned about their accounts having to be disabled. I suppose as admin you could change their passwords so the spammer won't be able to use their accounts again.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack