Here is my foxbody. My good friend who was like a brother and mentor to me passed away and I bought it from the family. It’s a 1985 GT 5 speed. Has just over 81k Km on it. It was modified by a Canadian company named DECH back in 85-86. They were dubbed as the “Canadian Saleens”. This car was purchased by a doctor brand new off the showroom floor. The first mod he wanted a set of wheels. He said he wanted the cool looking at the time skinny’s on then front and wides on the rear. The tire shop instead of selling him what he wanted pointed him to Derek Hanson of DECH. He went to meet Derek and was impressed by him but wanted proof of his skill cause at that time he wasn’t well known. Derek took him for a ride in his personal mustang and scared the doctor with how fast he could take the turns on the old back road Derek lived on. That was all the proof the doctor needed. That started a good friendship between the 2 and Derek told him he would concentrate on suspension first then power cause he was scared he would wreak the car if not. This car is rumoured to be the first one Derek ever fully modified. The doctor then learned how to properly drive the car on the track and even became an in car instructor. Once the 87 model came out he bought one of those as they were an all around better car according to Derek. This one went on the back burner until it was sold at auction in 1989 for $1700. The second owner of the car had it till 2014 and I was told it’s the only car he ever regretted selling. I found the doctor through the for sale ad on foureyedpride.com that my friend found the car on. Googled his name and sent him an email asking if this was indeed his car. He wrote back immediately with yes that is me and to send some pics. I sent over a few pics and he sent back his phone number for me to call him. I did and we had a wonderful hour long conversation about the car, when it was modified and his friendship with Derek. A few days after that I am tagged in a local Facebook page about the car. I guess the second owner has passed away and his son is looking for the car. I reached out to him and got a lot more info on the car including some documentation from when it was sold in 89 and when it was appraised in 2013 just before he sold it. It is just amazing to get all the history on the car and know that all the owners really loved it. Of course both people asked if it was for sale but I politely said NO. I plan to fix some issues and make it as original as possible to how it was back in the day. Lucky for me the car hasn’t changed much since then. I believe I have a real piece of mustang and DECH history here and plan to keep it and preserve it as best as possible.Name:  7DE3C559-BF40-41C0-9EFB-FC060ED88EE2.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  143.8 KBName:  8F0E417E-1AA7-41F8-B4B6-0E7A13714420.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  193.0 KBName:  A063EFFF-96F7-4839-925C-7165354E51F9.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  178.5 KBName:  603DC97C-80E2-4FF4-9C3A-BF010E5B1830.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  166.7 KB