Close

Default Makers Garage - 93 Cobra style wheels

Anyone here run these or have any thoughts/feedback?

There was a guy on Instagram I shared a few messages with who said they bolted right up to his 86' without any rubbing, removing quad shocks, etc.

The Charcoal colored ones are awful sweet, but $600+ more than the standard finish.

They also said that they will have the 84.5-86 front splitter available sometime in January, so no more splicing up the New Edge Mach 1 piece!

Last edited by ITdude87; 11-02-2023 at 09:19 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Supporter

No experience with them or any of their products.

If I had extra cash, I'd own a set of those wheels so long as the offset/backspace puts them in the same spot as the '93 Cobra repops I currently have... I think they look a little too big in the pix but maybe another 3/8"-1/2" of more ride height takes care of that.

Chin spoiler is cool too and the rocker/pinch weld covers are also nice.

Share some pix after you get 'em mounted! j/k
    '85 GT

They're a smaller company out of the Detroit area. Apparently they make some premium stuff from what I've read and heard. A properly fitting front lip would be fantastic....A lot of the Mach 1's I see look like wet bacon if not done super carefully.

This is NOT my car (credit to @86foxygt on Instagram)

18x8.5 F
    18x9.5 R

IF I did it, I'd probably go with the 8.5's all around. Awful tempting. I'm just skeptical of the "no rubbing" part since I've heard so many conflicting stories and results. I think they look hella sharp, and most importantly.....come in 4 lug!

Last edited by ITdude87; 11-02-2023 at 09:37 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

FEP Supporter

Those pix are great! Again, I'd rock 'em!

Homie should get the pinch weld covers or just paint them black to make them go away. That's the only thing I would add as it's a beautiful car with killer wheels!
    '85 GT

Those wheels look sharp.... I've always liked the Cobra rims, even on a 4-eye (silver tho, not charcoal... not a dark rim guy).

Probably my 3rd favorite oe-style wheel for a 4-eye. First two are chrome Pony's (particularly the 17"ers) and 10-holes (again, especially the 17" version).
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)