Close

Hybrid View

Default 82-84 GT or 84 SVO dual tip exhaust needed

Anyone know where I might find the dual chrome tip? I looked at the suppliers that I know of and am coming up empty. Stinger’s supplier was killed by covid. Can’t seem to find any at salvage yards and am batting zero. If they are now made of unobtanium, would anyone be interested in taking a few pics and providing some dimensions so I could fab up a set?

My 84 SVO came with the single tip when I bought it last fall and am trying to get it back to a near stock condition.

Stinger was gone before COVID. I tried to get their tip back in 2016 and it was no go. I ended up with an 'almost' tip people mentioned here I think, but it was not even close. If I were you, I would try to have one custom made to the exact specs. If you can find them.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

FEP Power Member

Message me. I have a new twin tip I may part with.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

PM sent